Phantom 3 not balanced in mid-air

Reaction score
When I first flew my Phantom 3, it worked perfectly fine. When it was mid-air and I let the controls go, it would stay still with ease. Then out of nowhere on one random flight, it started to be unbalanced. It would sway back and forth, then take slightly drastic dips downwards and upwards. I contacted DJI, they said "nothing is wrong with it" when obviously there was, and then I ultimately sent it back and paid for the shipping (which I really should not have needed to do), and got a new one... which out of the box, had the EXACT same problem.

Here is a clip of it:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

They have been the WORST at responding to emails, and they pretty much can't be contacted on the phone, so I really would like help.

Yes - I updated the firmware properly.
Yes - the propellers are attached properly.
Yes - I did the gimbal calibration successfully, along with the IMU calibration.
No - there is NO wind at all when I'm testing it
No - there are no weird poles, electronics, etc. when I'm testing it. I'm in my backyard in the middle of a huge plot of grass.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, as this has not worked properly for almost 3 months now...

When I first flew my Phantom 3, it worked perfectly fine. When it was mid-air and I let the controls go, it would stay still with ease. Then out of nowhere on one random flight, it started to be unbalanced. It would sway back and forth, then take slightly drastic dips downwards and upwards. I contacted DJI, they said "nothing is wrong with it" when obviously there was, and then I ultimately sent it back and paid for the shipping (which I really should not have needed to do), and got a new one... which out of the box, had the EXACT same problem.

Here is a clip of it:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

They have been the WORST at responding to emails, and they pretty much can't be contacted on the phone, so I really would like help.

Yes - I updated the firmware properly.
Yes - the propellers are attached properly.
Yes - I did the gimbal calibration successfully, along with the IMU calibration.
No - there is NO wind at all when I'm testing it
No - there are no weird poles, electronics, etc. when I'm testing it. I'm in my backyard in the middle of a huge plot of grass.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, as this has not worked properly for almost 3 months now...
Looks pretty locked in--- in the video-- may be some movement -- but nothing of a serious nature.. IMO there will be some more chaps weighing in

try turning the VPS off in the app and see if it changes anything.. just curious if the VPS is triggering the bird to go up and down?

To me it looks and sounds like the VPS issue that was introduced with FW 1.2.x. Solid as a rock before, drifting and losing altitude afterwards. Most people with the issue turned off their VPS until it was fixed with FW 1.3.2 and VPS could be enabled again.
I see the green banner on your screen, so it appears you are not in ATTI mode. I would look at the VPS first.

You said that you updated the FW but you didnt say to what version.

To me it looks and sounds like the VPS issue that was introduced with FW 1.2.x. Solid as a rock before, drifting and losing altitude afterwards. Most people with the issue turned off their VPS until it was fixed with FW 1.3.2 and VPS could be enabled again.
I see the green banner on your screen, so it appears you are not in ATTI mode. I would look at the VPS first.

You said that you updated the FW but you didnt say to what version.
I have v.1.3.20
VPS on and off has the exact same issue. I also just tried flying in ATTi mode (A) and I've always been flying in (p) mode. ATTI was actually worse. I flew it up, then it started going straight down until I corrected it.

Looks pretty locked in--- in the video-- may be some movement -- but nothing of a serious nature.. IMO there will be some more chaps weighing in
It's definitely, definitely not locked in at all. It's swerving, dipping, correcting itself left and right. It's incredibly obvious to me, as when I had it at first, it was perfectly fine. Anyone who owns one should know how stable it is when it's hovering.

Take it up to 15 feet and put the camera strait down to see the actual drifting. It will likely be stable there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers