Phantom 3 no range

Reaction score
I have a phantom 3 standard I installed phantom magic. I can only get out about 900 feet after the install .was only getting about 650 feet before 2 months ago I was able to almost 4000 feet .anybody have any clue why

I have a phantom 3 standard I installed phantom magic
Revert back, is all I can offer. Unless you do a DBS mod or similar, an app won't help you. Assuming that is the "Magic" you are referring to. It's a waste and does not do anything. There are a few different "Phantom Magic's", so to speak, so no idea which one you are referring to from the very vague description.

I have a phantom 3 standard I installed phantom magic. I can only get out about 900 feet after the install .was only getting about 650 feet before 2 months ago I was able to almost 4000 feet .anybody have any clue why
There is some sort of Magic Power or Power Magic app that is out there, however, it's for video only. It does nothing for boosting the 5.8 radio signal. Range will vary depending upon environmental conditions.

was only getting about 650 feet before 2 months ago I was able to almost 4000 feet .anybody have any clue why

Based on your before and after results, I suspect that there may be an unresolved problem with the mod. Beyond that, I'm really not clear on why you did the mod if you were getting nearly 4000 feet before the mod. The advertised range for the P3S is 1000 meters (FCC), so it sounds like you exceeded that.

Was getting 4000 feet then one day I had no range that's why I did mod when ruth kicks in u can hear motors like they loose power cant get signal back till its landing

@Gsledder74,
Welcome to the Forum!

Between when it worked good then bad, do you recall anything different like firmware?

Rod

Did the 1.9.20 update did a wifi analyzer and changed the channel now I got about 1600 feet better but wish I had it all I am surround by corn feilds

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4