Phantom 3 Motor (or prop) not balanced.

Reaction score
Hey I'm one of those people with the horror story of crashing their Phantom 3 the day after they got it. Well the body was bent a little and one of the CCW motors locked up. I replaced the bad motor and the plastic is back in place. But when I was taking it for a test run I noticed this. When you look at the propellers from above (with them running) one of the clock wise propellers is a little wiggly, the black circle sort of slightly turns into an oval. The other clockwise motor and prop look just fine. When I fly it I noticed it would drift a little more than usual. Is there any way to balance the motor (or props). And by the way the props are brand new I just barely opened them today. If you have any ideas I appreciate them.

Hey I'm one of those people with the horror story of crashing their Phantom 3 the day after they got it. Well the body was bent a little and one of the CCW motors locked up. I replaced the bad motor and the plastic is back in place. But when I was taking it for a test run I noticed this. When you look at the propellers from above (with them running) one of the clock wise propellers is a little wiggly, the black circle sort of slightly turns into an oval. The other clockwise motor and prop look just fine. When I fly it I noticed it would drift a little more than usual. Is there any way to balance the motor (or props). And by the way the props are brand new I just barely opened them today. If you have any ideas I appreciate them.
From your description, the prop may not be tracing right. Put it on a balancer and check the track IOW -- do both tips have the same spacing from the edge of the table the balancer is sitting on? You might also check the mount on the motor and make sure the case of the motor is flat on all four mounting points.

From your description, the prop may not be tracing right. Put it on a balancer and check the track IOW -- do both tips have the same spacing from the edge of the table the balancer is sitting on? You might also check the mount on the motor and make sure the case of the motor is flat on all four mounting points.
Sorry I'm replying now after all this time, but I did Balance the props and they seemed to be fine. And it was flat on mounting points. What I ended up doing is replacing the motor and it fixed it all. I'm thinking there must have been a problem with the bearing, or even the magnets in the motor. The new P3P motors are too hard to take apart. Thank you for the reply though, it helped me diagnose the problem. I really appreciate what you do helping people on here.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31