Phantom 3 lightbridge vs mavic air “WiFi”

Reaction score
I heard the mavic air has some sort of modified WiFi to get better range or something? Compared to a spark or a standard that is. I was just wondering if anybody know the real world difference between the two? I like the mavic but if it gets worse range then my old phantom 3 did I wouldn’t like that...

I owned a P3P and now have a Mavic air and the P3P is a much more stable, longer-range connection

That’s what I was afraid of. Too bad they didn’t use occusync or at least lightbridge. Seems like a lot of money to spend and only getting WiFi

Why are there so many videos on YouTube of Mavic Pro flying out to 4+ miles on stock equipment ??

Had the opportunity to fly a mavic air tonight. Super fast in sport mode. So small. It did has less range then I remember my phantom 3 with lightbridge having but was terrible and wasn’t as bad as a standard. My only complaint is the battery drains way to fast.

Reactions: DKG13CC
Had the opportunity to fly a mavic air tonight. Super fast in sport mode. So small. It did has less range then I remember my phantom 3 with lightbridge having but was terrible and wasn’t as bad as a standard. My only complaint is the battery drains way to fast.

Its a good little drone, and it does stay hooked up well, just not near the workhorse platform of the Phantom. Watching the little Air in APAS mode flying itself around bushes and trees is amazing though.

It is a fun little drone for sure. The battery life isn’t much better then a spark though. I went through 3 batteries and got no better then 12 mins on each one probably.

I usually get around 16-17 flying slow and recording. Sport murders the battery though

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20