Phantom 3 LED Lights

Reaction score
Sorry in advanced (for what is a newbie/silly question) brand new to the drone scene and Phantom Pilots.
Picked up my P3A yesterday, and am wondering why when 2 led lights hold soli red lights and the other two flashing green (on the craft)? I would have thought that red indicated some type of problem, or are they the all good to go lights?
DJI GO app says safe to fly, and the P3 takes of and acts correctly.

So just a question regarding if the lights are correct colour for take off. I would have thought if something was not right, the app would have let me know, and I wouldn't be able to successfully take off.
What lights mean what?

Thanks in advanced

The red lights are the orientation lights so you know which way is front.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

The red lights are the orientation lights so you know which way is front.

So the two red always remain solid red and the two others (that are currently green) will change colour if something is to not right?

Correct. I know the back ones flash and go crazy when doing a firmware update but I didn't pay attention of the front ones did too when I did it.

And knock on wood, my flights have been successful, so I haven't seen anything crazy on the back lights

Pg 12 of the manual has the complete breakdown. Highly advise reading it. I worked through it a couple of times before I ever flew

Reactions: ParsnipHysorter
Pg 12 of the manual has the complete breakdown. Highly advise reading it. I worked through it a couple of times before I ever flew

Looked through the manual to find "solid red - critical error" hence my reason for asking the question..

That's just on the rear of the aircraft.

I now know that, however, prior I did not.
Thank you for the clarification.

The red LED's on the front are for orientation. The rear lights are used during compass calibration and also indicate safe to fly. When it's safe to fly GPS they will flash a slow green in increments of 1.

Reactions: pilot ss
Sorry in advanced (for what is a newbie/silly question) brand new to the drone scene and Phantom Pilots.
Picked up my P3A yesterday, and am wondering why when 2 led lights hold soli red lights and the other two flashing green (on the craft)? I would have thought that red indicated some type of problem, or are they the all good to go lights?
DJI GO app says safe to fly, and the P3 takes of and acts correctly.

So just a question regarding if the lights are correct colour for take off. I would have thought if something was not right, the app would have let me know, and I wouldn't be able to successfully take off.
What lights mean what?

Thanks in advanced
It's not a silly question. It takes a while to get familiar if you've never owned one.

Reactions: pilot ss

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj