Phantom 3 Headlight Options

Reaction score
I had one of those LED lights that Yarome mentioned on my old P2V, - very bright even at max distance. I actually have one spare on my desk for my P3, just never put it on. I do, however, have a Flytron Strobon strobe on the rear of my P3 which is visible up to around 500m depending on conditions. Very handy for those moments when you look at the screen, look up and think "where is it?"

Anyone having any good ideas as far as attaching a headlight to a P3P? I guessing something light and bright. A tactical flashlight would be great, but the ones I am see look to heavy. I saw this and I was think of ways to mount it or if it would be bright enough. OxyLED OxySense T-02U USB Rechargeable 20 Bright LED Night Light, Stick-on Anywhere Motion Sensing Light Bar - - Amazon.com
1493926715431-1195829620.jpg 1493926772988124238394.jpg strobon v2 strobe and another small strobe light on front,,,very effective and gives excellent LOS,, runs off 3.7volt battery

I have the Strobon LEDs, a white in front and red on back. They're okay for VLOS for a short distance, but they're not very bright at all compared to the flashlight thing link to above.

My favorite solution is the Lume Cubes:

Lume-cube kit for the P3
Lume-cube kit for the P4

These not only give you bright light for VLOS, they're good for photography (video and still), as you'll see playing the video on those links, and then browsing around the rest of their site to see them in photo uses other than with drones.

Chris

I have the Strobon LEDs, a white in front and red on back. They're okay for VLOS for a short distance, but they're not very bright at all compared to the flashlight thing link to above.

My favorite solution is the Lume Cubes:

Lume-cube kit for the P3
Lume-cube kit for the P4

These not only give you bright light for VLOS, they're good for photography (video and still), as you'll see playing the video on those links, and then browsing around the rest of their site to see them in photo uses other than with drones.

Chris
...and they are only...$90...each. For a flashlight.[emoji23]

...and they are only...$90...each. For a flashlight.
Not just a flashlight. Compare size, weight, power (amount of brightness). Note the companion iOS app for remote adjustments.

Or pay less and get heavy (way out of spec) items with heavy power (battery) side packs and put your bird at risk.

Nice, but $180 is a little over the top
Not really. I tried cheaper lighting solutions first. This is what I ended up with after dicking around with things that were disappointingly not bright or caused my craft to fly wonky because of the added weight and shape.

I've got over $2kUS in my rig already (UAV, tablet, several batteries, case, filters, etc.). After seeing them in action, the cost no longer seems high.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31