Phantom 3 Hardshell Backpack Questions

Reaction score
I know there are 1000 threads on backpacks and cases but I searched around quite a bit and haven't seen anything on this specific topic. I noticed there are two versions of the backpack when it comes to the controller cut out. I believe one version is for the standard (controller lays on its side) and the other version is for the pro/adv (controller sits upright). I'm pretty sure the DJI website used to market the backpack for just the pro/adv and even said that it was not for the standard. Now however it looks like they have just gone with one design for all of the P3s. (Which makes sense for cost reasons)

My question is: Can somebody that has the current design and a pro/adv, give some feedback as to how the controller fits? Just from looking at pictures it seems the old design would be a better fit and the new one wouldn't be as snug since it's more of a one size fits all. I could be completely wrong on this but wanted to see what y'all thought.

If you could post a picture of the pro/adv in the "new" style that would be great!

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1448746814.991841.jpg

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1448746853.226251.jpg

it appears from the pics you posted, one case is for the rc that does not have DBS mods antenna. the other for the non-modified rc antenna. i have p3p, and just bought the hardshell that arrived looking like your first pic. it works great for my needs, the joysticks are snug..i may take some heat to the foam and give the joysticks some more wiggle room ;) but other than that, i personally love the backpack i bought on amazon for US $150.
good luck happy flying

That second picture is straight from the DJI website though so I doubt it has any consideration to mods.

2nd is or standard, I have one and while it is great it really needs a accessories pouch somehow. I've used the insert and put in my 5.11 rush 72 pack. Also you can buy a cheaper hard shell on eBay that is just as good. Goprofessional cases have a Rush 72 with an awesome insert that works well. A mate has one.

Right.. But my post shows that DJI only offers the second picture version now. So my question is how well the pro/adv controller fits in the remote slot.

The website says it fits all models. I think it will fit and sit upright like the first picture. I'm curious though if it is loose "side-to-side" since it will have the extra room there.

I wonder when they made the change. I think it may have been pretty recently.

I just got a better look at the pictures and I see it has a sponge insert that looks removable, so yeah might be fine, sorry on the road atm hence quick and non helpful replies. Still I'd check out the cheaper eBay hard shells the quality is fine

The website says it fits all models. I think it will fit and sit upright like the first picture. I'm curious though if it is loose "side-to-side" since it will have the extra room there.

I wonder when they made the change. I think it may have been pretty recently.
Strap and top piece will keep it in place fine, like I said I have one and it's great, just really needs expansion pockets

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31