Phantom 3 "gimbal roll adjustment"

Reaction score
Is it normal to always use the Phantom 3 "gimbal roll adjustment" settings to make the Gimbal level to the horizon? I did the IUM and gimbal calibrations 2 times, and the leveling of the gimbal is still off.

But it is fine when moving the gimbal roll adjustment 3 degrees. The adjustment also seems to remain set, at 3 degrees, when I use the Ulitmate Dji app as well is set in the Dji Go app first. (even though that app doesn't have an adjustment).

Is the need to always use the gimbal roll adjustment anything to worry about? Albeit it keeps the setting, I don't have to change it each flight.

One of those little rubber do-dads that connects the gimbal to the metal support had popped out. I pulled it back in with needle nose pliers, and all is good now.

Good The other two rubber grommets that don't have the plastic pins, I use zip ties as added precaution. Make them loose so they allow the gimbal to move!

Reactions: BayouBill
Yeah I was perplexed for weeks about why my horizon was tilted until I noticed that one rubber grommet was stuck inside and holding one side up too high.

Reactions: ROD PAINTER

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic