Phantom 3 gimbal repair / glue?

Reaction score
I’m going to be repairing a phantom 3. It Took a hard hit, the gimbal came off the yaw arm. Luckfully the loop to the rest of the mechanism isn’t cracked so it can be placed back on. The problem is that it’s loose without adhesive and will pop back off if nothing is added. What type of adhesive is recommended for this type of repair? I glued it last time, but after taking a hard hit it came off. (Wasn’t me flying this time) lol. I used epoxy last time. I was wanting to see if this is the correct step to take or if something else is recommended. I can provide pics if needed thanks.

Sure, no problem. Thank you.
2lidl42.jpg

mslxer.jpg

After a crash, mine had an issue at the same point. I don't know what the proper name is for the 2 parts that connect, so let's use "silver cup" and "mounting ring"
After my crash, the silver cup was slightly crooked in the mounting ring.
I had to drive the metal cup out to get it out.
It also had to be driven (lightly) back in to the ring.
After re-seating mine, upon the advice of another user here, I placed a tiny drop of super glue at 3 or 4 places. It's held fine.
If yours is loose, you may want to replace the roll arm.

Reactions: Colton48
Thanks for your input.

I guess I shouldn't say that it's loose, it's just not tight. It's a pretty snug fit but it if grabbed and pulled it would fall off easily.
It's just one of those things where you wouldn't want to risk throwing in the sky without adhesive.

I used epoxy last time and it seems like it held fine, but after this crash and how the super glue came off as one, I am wondering how well it actually held to the aluminum.
Granite the drone hit pretty hard from what I was told and I'll be replacing the shell too. Perhaps I just should use epoxy again but this time put some on the inner ring.

Thanks again for your input.
If anyone else has thoughts I would love to hear it before I attempt the repair. Thanks :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20