Phantom 3 gimbal issue

Reaction score
Hello.

I have repair my gimbal on phantom 3 pro. It was damaged after crash. I bought new mainboard (gimbal) and tape to gimbal.

Everything is ok except gimbal stabilization. It stabilize about 90-95%

When I mount 1 axis (axis from mainboard) to oryginal position - gimbal can't stabilize (left right) - it goes to the maximum left position (it is not straight).
see photo:

forum.php

but when I turn the 1 axis pin to the different position, I get about 95-98% of correct position (see photo)
see the cut on axis pin and see the screw position - it is screw on rounded side

forum.php

on this position gimbal is realy close to correct position.

Why iin this position is straight and in oryginal position is turn to left side ?

This has to do with the magnet on the yaw motor shaft. It is my opinion that it is the gimbal board that is bad. Where did u get it? I have several like this. Locking on the shaft off the flat spot fools the magnet. It is the easiest solution other than a new board. Sometimes it is actually the yaw motor and magnet that need replacing. I removed the magnet (very difficult) and repositioned it to fix the problem and was able to lock on the flat spot. Just did that today.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Can You do a tutorial on youtube how to do it ?

I bought used gimbal mainboard because my mainboard is damaged (photo)

111.jpg

You mean, how to re-position the magnet? Wish I could. Perhaps when I figure out an easy way to get the magnet off the shaft. I believe it is glued on. This is not an easy fix. The easy fix is what you did. These magnets break very easily. I have broken several trying to get them off. Sometimes they come off easy. If I were you, I would mark the shaft where it needs to be locked down. Then assemble with red locktite. That will assure it won't move. The problem is, you may never get it off the shaft again. If you crash and need a new yaw arm it will be a bear to do. Making a new flat spot is also difficult. You would need to be dead on to get it right. It is my understanding that DJI has an internal tool for calibrating these. I have no idea how that works.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31