Phantom 3 Gimbal Disconnect

Reaction score
Hello!

Today around 4pm EST i crashed my phantom 3 standard into a tree... Making my gimbal disconnect from my drone (only serious damage) Now I'm stuck with a problem that consists of three wires..

My problem is like the one in this thread (my pictures are the exact same): Standard - need help getting my gimbal and camera connected again | DJI Phantom Forum Except i have both u.fl plugs (Think that's what they're called?) Two shiny things.

No matter what I do I can't seem to put the Grey and black wires back into the connector, every time I try to put the plugs back in the gimbal, the wires fall out. Do i need to buy a new converter, shown in that thread? Or do i need to glue the wires in the converter?

I'm terribly rushed right now, and an extreme noob at phantoms. Any help or questions about my problem is great! If needed I can post updated pictures of my problem..

Reactions: jrich56
Post a picture of the connectors at the end the wires.. You might want to use a small screw driver to press the surrounding tabs in or out to get a better connection.. It should click in..

Reactions: Highlife57
Here's a picture, I got the gold cables back on, now I need to figure out which cable goes where. Does it matter which one I put the black/grey one into??

Attachments

• 1452281743119.jpg
    1452281743119.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 11,370
Here's a picture, I got the gold cables back on, now I need to figure out which cable goes where. Does it matter which one I put the black/grey one into??
Exact same issue for me - does it matter where the black and grey go?

It does not matter, but it's better to install how it came from factory to eliminate possibility of tension on wires..

If I remember correctly, the gray wire plugs in next to the ribbon cable toward the front of the camera..

You had the same problem? Now mine loses video transmission signal when 100 yards away :/ don't know what to do

You had the same problem? Now mine loses video transmission signal when 100 yards away :/ don't know what to do

Those wires that attach to the camera mount are for the 2.4 ghz antennas which are used for FPV signal.. Make sure the connections are secure and that the wires and connectors are not damaged..

Reactions: Zlynnes
Those wires that attach to the camera mount are for the 2.4 ghz antennas which are used for FPV signal.. Make sure the connections are secure and that the wires and connectors are not damaged..
Do you know where i could buy new wires for repair? Looking all over for those black and grey wires. Thanks!!

Here the wires are... do they look frayed to you? The wires were pulled out of the "gold" connectors, and I tried putting them back in myself. That may of been my problem.

Thanks for the link to different FPV wires. Can't wait to fly this thing again.

Attachments

• 1459117388274.jpg
    1459117388274.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 1,796
Here the wires are... do they look frayed to you? The wires were pulled out of the "gold" connectors, and I tried putting them back in myself. That may of been my problem.

Thanks for the link to different FPV wires. Can't wait to fly this thing again.
Hey Zlynnes, I have the same issue.. Did you end up replacing these two wires?? Thanks

Hey Zlynnes, I have the same issue.. Did you end up replacing these two wires?? Thanks

I bought a new pair a couple weeks ago, but haven't had the time yet to change the frayed wires out... Doesn't seem too hard to do.

Ughhh.. I found the same ones but I was hoping to find a way to repair the wires as opposed to removing the board for access to replace them.
I have no idea how you would do this, I haven't taken a part my drone yet either so I'm a little nervous about it too.

I have no idea how you would do this, I haven't taken a part my drone yet either so I'm a little nervous about it too.
I have and its a *****. In order to gain access to the two video link antennas you will have to desolder the motherboard.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj