Phantom 3 Flips on landing

Reaction score
I have had my P3 for a few weeks. I recently updated my firmware. I have had 3 flips after landings since the update. I have seen other posts on forums mentioning the same issue that commented that CSC was part of the problem. I am finding that this could be true. I am not having the problem if I use only the left Power Down Stick.

Is anyone else experiencing the same problem?

It is true. You should use the left stick to turn it off. My brother-in-law accidentally used CSC when he first got his P3 and it flipped as well. I only use it to start the motors.

I have had my P3 for a few weeks. I recently updated my firmware. I have had 3 flips after landings since the update. I have seen other posts on forums mentioning the same issue that commented that CSC was part of the problem. I am finding that this could be true. I am not having the problem if I use only the left Power Down Stick.

Is anyone else experiencing the same problem?
CSC will often cause the Phantom to flip. CSC should only be used for emergency power down! After landing hold down the "down" stick on the left side of the RC, the motors will shut down in about three seconds...And no, the motors will not shut down in flight using this method, the aircraft will sense that it is still airborne and will only shut the motors down after landing.

Also if your aircraft has flipped over the propellers may be damaged. New props are inexpensive, better to replace the props than risk your aircraft falling because of a cracked prop that breaks in flight.

Reactions: markh1
Also if your aircraft has flipped over the propellers may be damaged. New props are inexpensive, better to replace the props than risk your aircraft falling because of a cracked prop that breaks in flight.
Ok thanks! Can you recommend a good place online to buy parts? Also, Are the carbon fiber blades ok?

CSC will often cause the Phantom to flip. CSC should only be used for emergency power down! After landing hold down the "down" stick on the left side of the RC, the motors will shut down in about three seconds...And no, the motors will not shut down in flight using this method, the aircraft will sense that it is still airborne and will only shut the motors down after landing.
Thank you! I appreciate the info.

Phantom 3 crash on CSC Command
After collecting some flying experience with my old Phantom FC40, I bought the new Phantom 3 Advanced. After loading the accu, I started to my first flight with the brand new Phantom. I have started the Phantom manually and made then on 3 meter above ground some checks with the new camera. After 3 minutes, I manually landed the Phantom safe.

But then the catastrophe begun.
According the quick start guide, I pulled both control sticks to the bottom inside corners to stop the motors (known as CSC Command) -> but the brand new Phantom was running out of control, flipped over and crashed within smoke and awful noises.

The official DJI documentation still describes this CSC Command to shut down the motors. There is no warning about this missbehaviour.

The official DJI documentation still describes this CSC Command to shut down the motors. There is no warning about this missbehaviour.
The Phantom manual also says you can hold the left stick down for 3 seconds after landing. That's how you should turn off the motors. CSC works too, but it's possible to tip your Phantom (as you found) if you do not perform the move cleanly.

An alternative is also the auto landing that don't work so bad, especially if there is a few wind. But of coarse it is less fun than manual landing or hand catching.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues