Phantom 3 ESC Status Error. Motherboard repair.

ESC status failure

• Experienced

Votes: 18 72.0%
  • Never happened

Votes: 7 28.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Colleges, recently my Phantom 3 Pro had suffered the damage after hitting the tree and falling down from the height of about 4 meters.
After the crash "ESC status error appeared" on the DJI Pilot App.
Local service said that replacement of complete motherboard is required.
Well known is that P2 has separate ESC controllers that are exchangeable.
I'm wondering if motherboard here on P3 could be repaired on the component level i.e. replacing some electronic components, MCBs etc.
Lets try some technical discussion :)

because if the MOSFET on it burned, which is why you are getting the ESC error most likely can not be replaced. it is
placed on with flow technique at the manufacturer and are nearly impossible to replace, which i think it was DJIs plan
to begin with, to take middle man like my self who repairs them, out of the picture.
makes sense thou from the manufacturing POV because the cost is way lower for them to make one board and one point of failure.
drives the revenue that way and service if DJI ever figures out what customer service actually means :)

Reactions: atki
Well, certainly i was not expecting any-what different approach from DJI. But "nearly impossible" from my POV still lives some room for enthusiasts. What I learned that burned MOSFETs, knowing the part NOs could be replaced. Open issue is identifying the faulty one.

It can be replaced with proper tools and soldering skils. Another question is to find burned smd component: without PCB diagram it could be difficult, but if it is 90% ESC problem, then search should be not so problematic: you know where to look and which components to test.

Would it make any sence buying P2 ESC PCB, comparing with the components of P3 "Part 33 ESC Center Board & MC" and further identifying/replacing faulty components. Soldering skills are beyond this discussion :)

i got couple main boards available too if anyone needs them. $350 without the motors or $450 with motors soldered on it

Reactions: Jhunsbar
i got couple main boards available too if anyone needs them. $350 without the motors or $450 with motors soldered on it

These are $145 replacement from dji repair. Charging double is insane.

Reactions: rrmccabe
Ugh.. I just sent my P3P in for the 2nd time. When I received it back from repair after a crash, it had the ESC status error. Didn't appear that they tested it before sending it back. Sounds like it will need a new motherboard based on this thread.

Ugh.. I just sent my P3P in for the 2nd time. When I received it back from repair after a crash, it had the ESC status error. Didn't appear that they tested it before sending it back. Sounds like it will need a new motherboard based on this thread.

You in the us? They should have test flown in before returning it...

well that's great but i think that includes sending it to DJI and then waiting 7-9 weeks to get it back and according to previous post here they don't even check them
before they go back.
if you are still getting an ESC error in your app then the ESC has a burned MOSFET on it and it WILL need a main board replacement.

well that's great but i think that includes sending it to DJI and then waiting 7-9 weeks to get it back and according to previous post here they don't even check them
before they go back.
if you are still getting an ESC error in your app then the ESC has a burned MOSFET on it and it WILL need a main board replacement.

I saw the complete process.. they test fly every unit that leaves. Even take a short video of the flight.. this is why I asked that user if it was from the US facility. If so I can track it.

So you are taking advantage of people? I could see maybe $200 for people that don't want to wait but to charge them that price is very greedy imho.

taking advantage of people... get off your high horse buddy and find out first what i do to begin with and 99% of people on these forums will back that up.
what is 1UAS doing then retailing them for $399??

taking advantage of people... get off your high horse buddy and find out first what i do to begin with and 99% of people on these forums will back that up.
what is 1UAS doing then retailing them for $399??

Not on a high horse buddy, just stating the facts. 1uas is doing what I just posted above. Parting out p3's and making double on them. This part is not available currently otherwise, except from dji repair..

so if it's not available at this time and everyone wants $399 for these and i am willing to sell them for $350 then i am selling them at the discount. case closed ;)
i don't want to get into any kind of argument here, if you work for DJI i get your POV but look at the posts in my past and they will only tell you that i try to HELP people.
this is still hobby for me and not an income.
and anyone is welcome to chime in here.. i've had 400+ customers in less than 10 months with 99.9% positive feedback so that tells something.
so no, i am not trying to take any advantage of anyone but i don't have to explain my self to you or to anyone.
hani

Never asked for an explanation and it's a free market. I just think people should now what dji will charge them for the repair.

Not trying to argue either..

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr