Phantom 3 Electonics reused in custom drone?

Reaction score
Sadly I experienced a fly off incident last week on a 270 acre farm with lots of dense brush and trees. I suspect that it was due to a combination of some High power line interference and/or the new Litche program that I was testing for the second time. I absolutely love the DJI interface and controls. I find myself left with the transmitter, and several batteries along with case etc.

Was looking online and noticed that I can buy the main board, compass, gps module etc. Some of the deals include the motors. Was kicking around the idea of purchasing a smaller Tarot frame and building a drone around the DJI Standard electronics.

Is this possible or are the DJI Electonics calibrated for the size, weight etc of the Standard, Advanced...professional etc.

I've searched the Internet to see if anyone has posted about this before but no luck so I thought I would post a message.

Electronics have no idea which plastics they are attached to.
However DJI Go may have a fit if your new arrangement draws more power than stock.
Plus it may not be as stable since the electronics are set up with the size and weight of stock.

I don'the know about the weight issue. Watched a fellow on YouTube attach a bottle of water with a string near one of the motors on a Plane , it flew level and hovered. He attached a second bottle of water near a motor on the same side and it still flew and hovered level. Surprised me.

Last edited:
There is at least one thread on this board where a Dude took the motors, pcb's, camera and other components and fabricated a complete custom frame, booms etc from CF. stronger, lighter and looked sick. Better performance and longer flight times quoted.

Reactions: Jimmy1952

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31