Phantom 3... Distance??

Reaction score
I am new here, so sorry if this question has been asked but I searched and couldn't find an answer...at least not the answer I wanted! On my first flight yesterday, I took her up to an altitude of about 50m and went a distance of 500m and I lost video additionally just before I lost video the app told me I was at my maximum distance. So I have two questions...How can I change the max distance from 500m in the app and my second question is did I lose my video because I did not have line of site or did I lose video because I hit my maximum distance. I was under the impression I could fly the Phantom 3 Pro well over a mile away as long as there were little to no obstructions as far as line of site. I am fine with the altitude limitations but I bought this Phantom with the understanding that I could fly it at a fairly good distance, much better than 500m??!?!?!?! Someone please help!

Was your tablet/phone optimized? Did you change the limits in DJI GO? Was something blocking the LOS?

I am new to the hobby so some of this is all new to me. I didn't optimize my tablet because I am not sure how to even do that, can you explain what that is or how I do it? I tried to change the limits in the DJI GO app but it wouldn't allow me to input anything greater than 500m. As for LOS...I didn't have direct LOS for a moment as it went behind a tree, but I would hope at only 500m away that a single tree wouldn't make me lose video. Would it? Could it?

Tree could do it. As for the other questions check out Phantomhelp.com and dload the full DJI manual for your craft and check it out. Your brand of phone/tablet and stuff along with settings, location and many other things can go wrong, and its hard to diagnose over the web unless we are on the same page.

Is there a reason why I can't manually change the distance setting above 500m. Would my tablet or location have anything to do with my inability to change this setting?

Turn the following setting off in DJI GO while your Phantom is connected to DJI GO:

DJI-GO-Maximum-Distance.png

Rather than changing the limit, simply turn the MAXIMUM DISTANCE setting off as shown in ^^ msinger's picture

Reactions: Rksogan
Ahhhh, I think I understand it now. I had the maximum distance switched on thinking I could put in any value I wanted....turning it off completely will allow me to fly as far as I want or until I lose connection. I told ya I was new....I will get it figured out. Thanks for the input.

No problem!

I had the maximum distance switched on thinking I could put in any value I wanted
You can only enter a value between 15-500m (as shown above). Turning off the "Maximum distance" setting allows you to fly until your remote controller signal is lost.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj