Phantom 3 didn't come back when lost connection

Reaction score
I have been flying a couple of times with lost connection, and I always make sure my RTH attitude is enough everytime before fly, so it always come back automatically. But yesterday when I fly up to 1000m distace, it suddenly lost connection again, I didnt worry much about it as I was pretty sure it gonna come back, so I was just waiting my P3 fly back, then about 2 minutes later, images come up in my ipad and it connect again, then the Strangest Thing is: the drone still at the exact same position before it disconnected, it didn't come back home even it lost the connection!!

So luckily I could fly it back at last but I so worry now, is that failsafe function got any bugs? Or did I do anything wrong as I tried to change the RTH attitude in mid flight, whould it affact anything of it?

I have all the video and flight logs with me, wondering anyone had similar situation before or anyone can check the log for me to let me know what's the problem??
Thanks!

Got it, maybe my app says disconnected but the controller still connecting with the bird?

Sounds like it.
If it happens again - especially if you haven't got the battery time left to wait around for a few minutes to see if it will come back, maybe try manually activating a RTH just in case.

Got my first fright today, first bad connexion video, shaky FPV then lost of connexion from remote... Clicked frenetically on RTH and it came back.

However when I lost connexion, the video is shaky, I don't really see what happened during the time I was 'lost'.

The SD card being on the camera, the video should stay smooth even if connexion is lost, no?

Got my first fright today, first bad connexion video, shaky FPV then lost of connexion from remote... Clicked frenetically on RTH and it came back.

However when I lost connexion, the video is shaky, I don't really see what happened during the time I was 'lost'.

The SD card being on the camera, the video should stay smooth even if connexion is lost, no?
Yes

It's what I thought... I have a green line at some point on my video, a black screen, quick freezes... Only in the video where I lost connexion, both in the iPhone app and the file on the computer...

I confirm.
On the first flys i did loose video connection due crash/app, but still i was on control of the quad...so, no automatic return...
In conclusion, the best way is to activate it on the controller.....i think.

Read my newly posted thread! Had a strange RTH glitch as well......there might be a bug in the newest update! RTH may now be short for return to hell!

The remotes LED is green when connected to the aircraft. Be sure to check this when the app is telling you no signal.

Green light may have flickered.......I'm just puzzled,as to why it shot up to 250 feet when the altitude is set at 30 meters.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1