phantom 3 Crash.... Repair help

Reaction score
So my Phantom 3 took a direct rotor hit from a bat which sent it spinning out of control into a tree. All things considered, the drone made out ok. The camera mount on the body broke and the camera was ripped off disconnecting the camera ribbon and breaking pulling the black and grey wires out connected to the gimble base. From my understanding the grey wire and black wire are for the antenna. I am currently unable to connect to the drone. Am i correct with my understanding and if so, where is the best place to order my replacement parts. I need help
IMG_6523.JPG

From your photos above, I can see you'll need at least the following parts:

Yes, I saw that. I was not able to find it on Amazon/eBay. Perhaps a DJI dealer or repair shop will have one on hand.

I have the 2.4g antenna I'm willing to sell I
12c46dd094e3aac9e9d211c5734e025b.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have about the same issue, was able to find the cables on sale on amazon. my question is, do you have to open the shell to reconnect black and grey cable?

okay, most of the stuff i've read said that recrimping the cable into the grey box located on the gimbal makes for unhappy drone connection. so once open what needs to be done inside drone shell to replace entire wire? also would it be easier/better to just mod the antenna? if so do you have a spot where that information is presented in it's entirety? Most of the forum i've been reading for the past few days has half answers. While useful, and interesting to read, it is frustrating at times when searching for a proper answer

for example, if i get the dbs mod for the longer range, how does that work with the current antenna? would i still need to fix the black wire?

most of the stuff i've read said that recrimping the cable into the grey box located on the gimbal makes for unhappy drone connection
Got a link?

also would it be easier/better to just mod the antenna?
I'm not aware of any bird-side antenna mods. All commonly used antenna mods are only for the remote controller.

msinger, on the P3 standard it would be something like back in the day when we did tony's bird side upgrades on P2V+ birds.
the black and grey wires coming from the gimbal on P3 Standard are just antenna cables to two square antennas on the side of the
bird identical to the P2V+ internal antennas.

on the P3 standard it would be something like back in the day when we did tony's bird side upgrades on P2V+ birds
Yes, sir. I just meant bird-side antenna mods are not commonly found yet. I did see FPVLR has some here though.

Reactions: hunch
Yes, sir. I just meant bird-side antenna mods are not commonly found yet. I did see FPVLR has some here though.

any more info on this kind of crash? I have had the exact same crash (minus the cracked mounting bracket) and disconnected the wire bundle (which pops back in easily) but also have ripped out the black and grey wire. I previously had the exact same crash and reconnected the wires, but the range seems to have dropped significantly. Not sure if this was the result of the dreaded firmware upgrade bugs or reconnecting the now shorter wires.

Does the length of the wires matter or should I simply reconnect them again and fly ? Or do I need to buy new phantom drone body antennaes or should i upgrade them? help appreciated.

Did you fix it or not, I've the same problem and i would like to know what happened with you !

any more info on this kind of crash? I have had the exact same crash (minus the cracked mounting bracket) and disconnected the wire bundle (which pops back in easily) but also have ripped out the black and grey wire. I previously had the exact same crash and reconnected the wires, but the range seems to have dropped significantly. Not sure if this was the result of the dreaded firmware upgrade bugs or reconnecting the now shorter wires.

Does the length of the wires matter or should I simply reconnect them again and fly ? Or do I need to buy new phantom drone body antennaes or should i upgrade them? help appreciated.
i'd just get the replacement antennas and swap them. then cost about $30 and you will have to take the top off, main board off and battery cage out to access them. oh yeah, the bottom plate that holds
the gimbal will also have to come off.
about a 30 minute job. :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20