Phantom 3 Crash & Miracle

Reaction score
Greetings - Long time Phantom 2 pilot and had upgraded to P3 Advanced a couple months ago.

Well it happened after many hours of flying. I was in the pacific northwest and wanted to get some shots of this bridge and didn't realize how off my line of sight was. I thought I was further away from the bridge than I actually was.

I somehow managed to fly through 2 slits in the bridge cables after the crash...lucky is a complete understatement. The P3A was flying away at times after the crash but after about 3 minutes I gained control and brought her down to me. Only minor damage to a few props! Took it out for a flight yesterday and everything seems to be working just fine.

Enjoy and be safe!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I would name it Timex - took a licking and kept on ticking... Wow!

Reactions: dirkclod
Wow.... Very lucky. Even more lucky that it didn't fall and land on someone's car. But someone driving by had to see it like...WTF????

Super scary. I had the same impact filming industrial machinery. I pushed right stick all the way down at the very last moment and it helped to incline p3 so it kissed the wall by its legs and kept flying.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic