Phantom 3 Controller Does not Charge

Reaction score
Greetings,
Just recived my Phantom 3 Pro, charged main battery then when tried to charge the controller i did not get the charging led indicator (moving led from left to right). Led's light up promptly then off. Had it connected overnight, still did not charge. I posted a short video on youtube showing the problem:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hope anybody/support can help. Hate to have to return it and wait for new one to be available.

Maybe you are having a defective charger like mine before. Mine did not charge battery and controlller out of the box and got them replace from local dealer about a week after.

Maybe you are having a defective charger like mine before. Mine did not charge battery and controlller out of the box and got them replace from local dealer about a week after.

My charger charges main battery fine.

Two different leads-- maybe the controller lead is bad

same here, I just purchased my P3P yesterday and the remote controller doesn't charge. battery charges just fine.
There's something wrong with the charger.

omg I just retried and found out the solution! a little twist for the connection head will fix the problems! works fine now!
Try and tell me if it works for you

omg I just retried and found out the solution! a little twist for the connection head will fix the problems! works fine now!
Try and tell me if it works for you

I don't get it, you mean twisting the head around the port while plugged? I did that countless times with no result!

if someone has already solved the problem? I have the same, charged the controller, I updated the firmware is 1.19, I made 10 flights, and I can not charge the controller.

Confirmed - same thing here: charge main battery ok, controller not.

Solution: plug ALL the way in with a rather firm action, then turn/twist the connector until you see the little white led is on, then leave it there.

Reactions: MarkOD
Confirmed - same thing here: charge main battery ok, controller not.

Solution: plug ALL the way in with a rather firm action, then turn/twist the connector until you see the little white led is on, then leave it there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic