Phantom 3 ... Cast your predictions

Reaction score
So what does everyone think the next Phantom will have?

DJI are definitely pushing out their new models quickly and I'm just wondering what the next one will have in probably 6 to 12 months.

The 3 axis gimbal was the ultimate upgrade for the P2V. They already have nearly 30mins of flight time on the P2 range which is impressive alone!

What's the next feature there going to come up with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Phantom 3 ... Cast your predictions

Collision avoidance. Proximity sensors will allow the RTH mode to route around obstructions like poles, trees, buildings

Boomerang said:
Collision avoidance. Proximity sensors will allow the RTH mode to route around obstructions like poles, trees, buildings

You think? I would say that sort of technology is a long way off for a consumer grade model.

Meluk said:
Boomerang said:

You think? I would say that sort of technology is a long way off for a consumer grade model.

It's already here, consumer grade and cheap! you can find Arduino boards and codes with microphones and echolocation techniques to find relative distance between objects very easily.

Onboard iOSD
GSM Tracking
Longer flight time
Wider legs
Combined compass/GPS puck

thongbong said:
Meluk said:
Boomerang said:

It's already here, consumer grade and cheap! you can find Arduino boards and codes with microphones and echolocation techniques to find relative distance between objects very easily.

While it's pretty cool what people do with Arduino and Raspberry Pis I wouldn't necessarily call it consumer grade or easy. I'd also be concerned with the weight and extra battery life it would be using. However, on a $10,000 hex/octo I would love to see this.

I'm hoping they do some work on the remote. Options for more sensitive pitch and yaw especially with the 3 axis gimbal would be nice.

I'd be willing to bet money that there won't be a Phantom 3 and that DJI will instead focus purely on the Vision for the consumer market.

Yeah especially with the hopefully soon to be released Lightbridge. I have heard the P2V+ has possibly part Lightbridge compatibility.

Tracking would be a nice feature but I don't think they would want to advertise the possibility of their product flying away.

Longer flight time would be amazing. DJI must be making a fortune now as well so who knows what their R&D team are coming up with.

derrickduff said:
While it's pretty cool what people do with Arduino and Raspberry Pis I wouldn't necessarily call it consumer grade or easy. I'd also be concerned with the weight and extra battery life it would be using. However, on a $10,000 hex/octo I would love to see this.

I'm hoping they do some work on the remote. Options for more sensitive pitch and yaw especially with the 3 axis gimbal would be nice.

Arduino and Raspberry Pi may not be easy, but made for consumer, hence consumer grade ( actually RP was made for junior high students). If you recall the AR Parrot, it didn't use GPS to find its location relative to the ground, but sound to locate. Similar to or exactly what you would find in a $50 arduino board. Come to think of it, I wonder why they have melded the two technologies together yet. :?:

Arduino micro and TinyAT boards are minuscule and light (like 4-5g) and require very minimal power, also way less than $50, but I doubt that would be the specific implementation. Prox detection would be a really great advancement though.

And stop supporting GoPro owners? Unlikely.

Why not? They want to own the entire market so why not the camera too?

phantom 3 ...with lens focusing camera and controlling the zoom in & out...

My predication is ........ if they bring out a P3 later this year, theres going to be a lot of whining, moaning and bitching again from those that just bought a P2V+ !!!! ..... :lol: I cant wait ... :roll:

rilot said:
And stop supporting GoPro owners? Unlikely.

Why not? They want to own the entire market so why not the camera too?

This way DJI would increase the sale of Vision with their own cam, but they would loose a big chunk of GoPro users.

BigBadFun said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lID1VGQ9Da0

What is this? DJI Phantom 5 preview?? ;-)

I heard the new Phantom will come with FPV and built in car stereo.

Attachments

• phantom5.jpg
    phantom5.jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 415

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj