Phantom 3 carbon fibre conversion

I wonder what the full assembled weight is, wonder if there Is any actual weight savings.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Definitely fugly. I kind of doubt you'd see a lot of weight savings; plastic is pretty light. And it doesn't have the camera/gimbal because you're basically just buying a replacement shell, not a complete quad.

If it had huge benefits I wouldn't care much how it looks lol .. The p3/p4 doesn't look like a professional piece of equipment like the inspire .. They look like toys

The core frame isn't bad, just the ugly topper thing. It doesn't say any weight though, that's the key. This could be great for long distance flying if it removed a few hundred grams of weight, as then that could be used for the battery packs.

mh-dji005cf-1.jpg

As long as your tied to proprietary batteries... Phantom 'conversions' are a novelty.

The canopies not too back I don't think, it's just to keep your bits clean dry, would even look cool unpainted if that's how it comes?

The core frame isn't bad, just the ugly topper thing. It doesn't say any weight though, that's the key. This could be great for long distance flying if it removed a few hundred grams of weight, as then that could be used for the battery packs.

mh-dji005cf-1.jpg

I agree .. It looks alright to me !! Better than the cheesy white plastic toy look the p3 & p4 currently have.

I think the p4 is slightly better but they need to make these things look more professional !! The matrice / inspire look like they mean business !!

What if you upgraded the motors.. say you build a frame or bought one like this with stronger/faster/better motors to where it would make it worth having a 2nd large battery as the weight doesn't surpass the additional weight?

I had mine plasti dipped .looks way better than just white

Attachments

• 1464983147492.jpg
    1464983147492.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 449
515937b45d65caa410b3bff9a6ef7315.jpg
56f912e9f7295af7df920b9403b98083.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads