Phantom 3 Camera & Gimbal Replacement

Reaction score
I am assuming no one has been able to fix or repair their broken gimbals / cameras yet for P3 ???

I see a few dealers are offering them on pre order but with no picture or info. DJI says tells me they are not selling this part, but I assume (am hoping !) they mean not to individuals and only to dealers..

Anyway, I've got a p3 professional that's pretty useless at the moment so if anyone has a spare 4k camera...

thanks for any help guys !!!

I would hate to see someone get ripped off at 665.00 dollars...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-06-16-05-20-32.png
    Screenshot_2015-06-16-05-20-32.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,548
My camera works perfectly. its the gimbal that looks out of alignment after the impact...
Does DJI repair just the gimbal or is a gimbal camera combo kind of deal because they are both together..?

Have you tried re calibrating the camera gimble? Is it still out if alignment after you have done this? If so it may be out.... I don't know. There are other reputable repair shops out there to send it for repair other then dji. You take your chances of waiting 6-10 weeks just to get it back from dji.

Have you tried re calibrating the camera gimble? Is it still out if alignment after you have done this? If so it may be out.... I don't know. There are other reputable repair shops out there to send it for repair other then dji. You take your chances of waiting 6-10 weeks just to get it back from dji.
Yes, I tried everything already. Did a firmware upgrade. IMU calibration and also gimbal calibration. Actually I did gimbal calibration like 10 times. It work like twice but once I turn of the unit and turn it back on same thing happened.
Any shop recommendations?

Dronenerds.com. talk to Alex or Jacob. There located in Florida. Don't know we're your located. I'm sure your able to find more sites around on this forum that do repairs maybe closer and suitable for your area.

Reactions: Azavega
Yes, I tried everything already. Did a firmware upgrade. IMU calibration and also gimbal calibration. Actually I did gimbal calibration like 10 times. It work like twice but once I turn of the unit and turn it back on same thing happened.
Any shop recommendations?

let me ask you a q or 2 did you replace the gible motors inside were the 5 screw plate is
the shafts are semi pressed on and need to be aligned if you crashed it and it hits the cam gible
it can loosen up on the shaft and spin on the shaft that is what my p 3 pro did also up on the shaft top above the plate theirs a pin set screw that needs to be align as far as hard ware goes needs to be checked im sure the software will do its thing .....wes

let me ask you a q or 2 did you replace the gible motors inside were the 5 screw plate is
the shafts are semi pressed on and need to be aligned if you crashed it and it hits the cam gible
it can loosen up on the shaft and spin on the shaft that is what my p 3 pro did also up on the shaft top above the plate theirs a pin set screw that needs to be align as far as hard ware goes needs to be checked im sure the software will do its thing .....wes
Can you please explain this again?
How do I align that... Also where is that pin set screw... Sorry but I can see that...
I unscrew the 5 screws on the back of the gimbal and where can I located all that you mention...
It's my first quad sorry if I can't understand

Can you please explain this again?
How do I align that... Also where is that pin set screw... Sorry but I can see that...
I unscrew the 5 screws on the back of the gimbal and where can I located all that you mention...
It's my first quad sorry if I can't understand
ok the gimbal arm is L shaped on the top you got to swivel to to see the pin thats locking the gimbal to the shaft if its not tight it will slide up and down on the shaft and vibrate and it also swivels on the shaft then it cant find a centering point start it diagnostic start up right after the ding a ling aling sound

ok the gimbal arm is L shaped on the top you got to swivel to to see the pin thats locking the gimbal to the shaft if its not tight it will slide up and down on the shaft and vibrate and it also swivels on the shaft then it cant find a centering point start it diagnostic start up right after the ding a ling aling sound
point to start its fix my gramer

Ok I saw that and with the impact looks like slide up a little bit and the L shape arm was not moving... Now I untied the screw and let the arm go a little down so it can move but when I turn on the phantom the gimbal went crazy from side to side hard...

Ok I saw that and with the impact looks like slide up a little bit and the L shape arm was not moving... Now I untied the screw and let the arm go a little down so it can move but when I turn on the phantom the gimbal went crazy from side to side hard...
DID YOU TURN ON THE P3 BEFORE LOCKING THE SET SCREW if the gimbal is cenerd
its good to go but if its side ways the yes you will need to loosen the set screw so now that it went wild did it stop wiggeling soon after

DID YOU TURN ON THE P3 BEFORE LOCKING THE SET SCREW if the gimbal is cenerd
its good to go but if its side ways the yes you will need to loosen the set screw so now that it went wild did it stop wiggeling soon after
The screw should tight on the flat part of the rotor right?
I try to tight the screw on that position and when I turn on the phantom goes nuts

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
This is what it does when you get it on

Reactions: Ari
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
That is when you calibrate the gimbal

My camera works perfectly. its the gimbal that looks out of alignment after the impact...
Does DJI repair just the gimbal or is a gimbal camera combo kind of deal because they are both together..?

I have what I think is an undamaged gimble but am waiting for the replacement cameras to become available because I smashed my lens.. the camera actually fell off and the ribbon ripped but the gimble seemed to pop right back together and still mover smoothly. If your other fixes don't work, you can buy it from me if you'd like to try it..

I have what I think is an undamaged gimble but am waiting for the replacement cameras to become available because I smashed my lens.. the camera actually fell off and the ribbon ripped but the gimble seemed to pop right back together and still mover smoothly. If your other fixes don't work, you can buy it from me if you'd like to try it..
Do you have a pro or advanced? I damaged my gimbal, but my camera is working well.
Any luck finding a camera? How much would you want for your gimbal???

I can't get myself to overpay by that much... If you'll take 600 send me a message. That's still $50 over DJI price so you should feel pretty good!

- ATTENTION MEMBERS -
- SELLING IS ONLY ALLOWED IN THE CLASSIFIEDS AREA -

[moderator edit]

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.