Phantom 3 Battery mAh lower than 4480?

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am new here and hope this is in the right place, my apologies if it's not (still trying to figure this all out). I have a P3S and have gone thru 6 charges on the battery it came with. In the DJI app under battery my mAh reads higher than 4480. I just bought 2 more batteries, charged them, updated the firmware and looked in the app and noticed that the mAh reads lower than the 4480.....is this normal? will it go up after "break-in"?

My experience with the P2 batteries (same technology) is the mAh will go up if you break them in correctly.

OK thank you for replying on this. I will break them in and see how it goes!

Reactions: Mark The Droner
What I did was what was recommended by drone camps RC: 10-10

Many here will say that break in doesn't matter.

Skip ahead to the 4 min mark:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Dimitar
All battery's except dry-cell of course will have an initial break-in ...... but is it worth doing this separate to the model ?

In my view - no.

Given that the difference is very small - my POV is to fly the battery as is. Most flyers will not fly their packs till they are low on charge state. In fact its not good to push them too low. With lipo's you should not go below 3v per cell and actually in flight under load preferably no lower than 3.3v. As soon as possible then after to bring to between 3.7 and 3.9v as storage level.
The DJI battery being a 4S pack then means that lowest flight load voltage should not go below 12 - 13.2v, storage should be between 14.8 - 15.6v
This is where the DJI battery design makes it awkward to control the levels.
I will over time devise a system to interrogate the battery's so I can manually control the charge levels instead of trusting internal programming.

Nigel

Last edited:
Reactions: Dimitar

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31