Phantom 3 Batteries on Clearance at Target

Reaction score
Ok so I have done a search and it doesn't look like this has been posted yet. Apparently some target locations are pricing their Phantom 3 batteries as low as $44.70. There is only 1 store where I live that has a clearance price listed at $104 but maybe someone near the Jersey City store can benefit from this or a lot of us can pick some up for nearly 1/3rd off as I see a lot of locations with the $104 price. Apparently if they are not in stock the trick is to order them online and then have them shipped to the store, when you pick them up they will adjust the price automatically for you or you might have to pull up their website:

Article Detail Page
Don't let them tell you this does not apply to clearance because you are not price matching a competitor, you are just having them honor their "best retail price promise" for online orders.

Here is the link to the slickdeals page about it:

DJI Phantom 3 Battery - $44.70 (or less with RED card) + tax YMMV at Target

I would like to get a 2nd battery but I read that aftermarket ones may not work. Do I really need to get OEM? With my P2 I was able to buy aftermarket to save a little money.

I would like to get a 2nd battery but I read that aftermarket ones may not work. Do I really need to get OEM? With my P2 I was able to buy aftermarket to save a little money.

DJI is known for changing the firmware so that 3rd party batteries won't work. They are also known for not honoring their warranty when 3rd party batteries are used. However, many P3's are outside of their warranty period.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
DJI is known for changing the firmware so that 3rd party batteries won't work. They are also known for not honoring their warranty when 3rd party batteries are used. However, many P3's are outside of their warranty period.[/

So I guess a "compatible" battery would work but chances a firmware update later might render it useless?

With new FW it is my understanding the aircraft won't recognize the battery or power up.

$87 new DJI on EBay. Helps when auctions end at 3:30 am
Late at night or early AM is the best time to buy crap on Ebay....LoL

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Ok so I have done a search and it doesn't look like this has been posted yet. Apparently some target locations are pricing their Phantom 3 batteries as low as $44.70. There is only 1 store where I live that has a clearance price listed at $104 but maybe someone near the Jersey City store can benefit from this or a lot of us can pick some up for nearly 1/3rd off as I see a lot of locations with the $104 price. Apparently if they are not in stock the trick is to order them online and then have them shipped to the store, when you pick them up they will adjust the price automatically for you or you might have to pull up their website:

Article Detail Page
Don't let them tell you this does not apply to clearance because you are not price matching a competitor, you are just having them honor their "best retail price promise" for online orders.

Here is the link to the slickdeals page about it:

DJI Phantom 3 Battery - $44.70 (or less with RED card) + tax YMMV at Target
My store here in Tulsa shows them at 149.00

My bad. Guess I need to look at the dates a little closer. I have 4 batteries already and don't really need a 5th

i got all excited too and just realized the date. Oh well. But while we're here.....YMMV??

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj