Phantom 3 atti problems?

Reaction score
Hey,

First of all I'm pretty new to this, expect filming.

I may be stupid, but i can't figure it out. I flown 7 hours on my phantom 3 proffesional in gps mode, and it served me well! I was curious to try atti mode, but it's kinda annoying?

It just keeps drifting away in one direction.

Example, if i move forward and i let go my controls, it stops and slows down and moves backwards. If i go sideways and i let go my controls the same happens. It just keeps getting back in one direction.

It was a very calm day.

I thought the way atti works is that if i fly for example forward and i let go my controls that it doesn't stop but just drifts away. Or just each other direction.

I hope this makes sense.

Is this normal?

Thanks!

In ATTI, your Phantom will not use GPS to hold its current position. So, when you're flying and/or stopped and the wind blows, your Phantom will drift with the wind. That's as designed.

Thanks, but i was a very calm day. Thought it hadn't that much influence.

What is the main advantage with atti above Gps?

Smoother footage? Though I'm happy with the results i got so far in gps mode, but i always want to improve.

I can imagine getting pretty smooth shots gliding with the wind, but then the wind direction must be good aswell right? What i want to shoot the other direction?

Sorry for being a complete newb.

Thanks, but i was a very calm day.
Calm on the ground or calm high up in the air? It doesn't take much air flow to move the Phantom in ATTI.

What is the main advantage with atti above Gps?
Perhaps you want to let your Phantom drift with the wind and record as it moves on its own. Or, if its very windy, you might get smoother video in ATTI since your Phantom won't be constantly trying to correct it's position. For most situations, GPS mode is the best choice.

What i want to shoot the other direction?
You wait for another day :)

Reactions: Russ
Ha!

Thanks for your help, i wasn't sure if it was normal behavior. I should try a few more times and get used to it.

Thanks!

Reactions: Russ

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj