Phantom 3 and T Motors

Reaction score
Ok, so it turns out 2 of 4 motors are bad or going bad on my drone. So instead of waiting for it to drop out of the sky I've decided to go ahead and replace all 4. I've been looking at the oem dji motors or the tiger mn2214 motors. I don't care about longer flight times or performance but I would love to get a smoother motor if it truly does help. Does anyone here have any long term experience with the motors? I would buy a set from KDE but their out of my budget. Thanks in advance.

Ok, so it turns out 2 of 4 motors are bad or going bad on my drone. So instead of waiting for it to drop out of the sky I've decided to go ahead and replace all 4. I've been looking at the oem dji motors or the tiger mn2214 motors. I don't care about longer flight times or performance but I would love to get a smoother motor if it truly does help. Does anyone here have any long term experience with the motors? I would buy a set from KDE but their out of my budget. Thanks in advance.
They've been discussed here a bit previously, as found in this search.

Search Results for Query: tiger mn2214 | DJI Phantom Drone Forum

Many here hold the view that DJI have got a pretty good match with the existing motors and there is little to be gained by fitting Tiger MN2214 motors and maybe the possibility of problems being caused.

They've also been mentioned under the key words 'anti gravity', so here's the search results for that too.

Search Results for Query: anti gravity | DJI Phantom Drone Forum

Have a read through - it might help you decide.

I looked at most of those threads and just about all of them were people with P2's or had just bought them. I'm really looking for long term results.

OK - the Phantom 3 was launched about 2 years ago. Let's hope that some of the posters of the P3 threads from the search results persevered with the motors....

It might be an idea to choose what you feel is the most 'hopeful' P3 candidate thread(s) from the search results and then post directly on that/those thread(s) in the hope of coaxing the original posters back, via a posting notification, to give you a reply. Not all members log back in here every day/month/year... Some, sometimes never.... :)

the tmotor motors only work if your mainboard is the 'old' version. They wont work with the new version. fyi :) I've talked to a few guys who flew with them and really liked them.

I do have the old board. The guys you know, they were flying phantoms 3's?

Unless you somehow damage the windings, the only thing that can go bad in these motors is the bearings. If you have the ability to replace the motors (open case, solder, etc.), you should be able to replace the bearings.

I do have the old board. The guys you know, they were flying phantoms 3's?
yes, was the first release of the p3 which had the old board. i think it was on facebook on one of the DJI forums. I myself havent done it .. but i did use KDE motors and after that, i decided the cost was not worth it and went back to stock.

Unless you somehow damage the windings, the only thing that can go bad in these motors is the bearings. If you have the ability to replace the motors (open case, solder, etc.), you should be able to replace the bearings.
Why go through all the hassle. The motors are $18.

Last edited:
I really appreciate all your feedback. I have decided to go back with stock motors. With this P3P being my only drone atm I've decided it's not worth the risk.

I really appreciate all your feedback. I have decided to go back with stock motors. With this P3P being my only drone atm I've decided it's not worth the risk.

Did you get stock motors? Where did you get them? I need four stock motors but don't know exactly which ones to buy.

Did you get stock motors? Where did you get them? I need four stock motors but don't know exactly which ones to buy.
If you have the 'old' motors they look like this and are referred to as 2312 motors. DJI Phantom 3 Drone 2312 Motor (CCW) GENUINE DJI MOTOR

If you have the newer ones they look like this and are referred to as 2312A motors. DJI Phantom 3 2312A CW Motor

You cannot change to the other type of motor without changing the motherboard as well. It's probably not worth changing type anyway as both types of motors generally perform similarly well.

Whichever type you have, to replace all 4 you will need to buy 2 clockwise (CW) motors and 2 counter-clockwise (CCW) motors.

(Later) Ah - I see msinger has also answered about this on another thread in which you asked the same question.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cavemahn
If you have the 'old' motors they look like this and are referred to as 2312 motors. DJI Phantom 3 Drone 2312 Motor (CCW) GENUINE DJI MOTOR

If you have the newer ones they look like this and are referred to as 2312A motors. DJI Phantom 3 2312A CW Motor

You cannot change to the other type of motor without changing the motherboard as well. It's probably not worth changing type anyway as both types of motors generally perform similarly well.

Whichever type you have, to replace all 4 you will need to buy 2 clockwise (CW) motors and 2 counter-clockwise (CCW) motors.

(Later) Ah - I see msinger has also answered about this on another thread in which you asked the same question.
Your reply was more clear, thanks. I didn't realize the A difference until your description.

Reactions: Steve7777

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj