Phantom 3 and Samsung S5 Mini

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new to this and about to purchase a Phantom 3 Advanced - does anyone have this working with the Samsung S5 mini phone? It's not on the approved list but hoping it will work okay.

Many thanks,

G

I think it will be too slow, as the Mini version has only a Snapdragon 400 (very slow). If you need a new device, either upgrade your phone or consider purchasing an Nvidia Shield K1 for Phantom use (and other stuff, if you want to).

But, the GS4 (non-mini) has a Snapdragon 600 (much faster than the 400, which was designed for low-end phones and some smartwatches).

Buy your phantom, and test the S5. If it works, you're good, if not, you're gonna have to go tablet shopping. I flew mine for 5 months on an LG7 phone, which isn't on the list either. And I still use it occasionally today. Bought a fire tablet, which doesn't even have google play, but hacked it so it did, got the go app, and now use it. It BTW, is not on the list either.

Okay, thanks for the replies. I'm surprised it needs a fast processor - does the app actually control the drone at all or is it simply streaming the live video feed?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic