P3 Firmware Phantom 3 advanced

Reaction score
Hello, new to the group. The drone has been put away for 4 years. Just downloaded dji go. It won't let me connect. I charged battery and controller, plugged the controller to the drone. Powered it up, beeped, camera gimbaled, green lights flashing. Push connect on screen it gives message about file access. Is it even worth the effort with it being so outdated? Shame to toss it, so reaching out for any advise on getting the firmware to talk to the drone.
Thanks!

Did you follow the right procedure for how to connect (the button in the small hole on the side of the drone)?

I did not, still looking for the manual.
Is there a recommended video to follow for the absolute beginner level?

When you install DJI GO for the first time it will ask you to agree with all kinds of permissions.
You will have to agree with ALL of them, otherwise the app wil NOT work as expected.

On your device go to Settings > Apps > DJI GO > 'CLEAR DATA'
Then try again.

If that does not fix your problem, remove DJI GO and re-install it.

I would have not tried to update firmware if your drone was working. With the Phantom 3 I think the advice has been “if it isn’t broken, then don’t fix it.” I recall reading about problems about updating the firmware.

I would have not tried to update firmware if your drone was working. With the Phantom 3 I think the advice has been “if it isn’t broken, then don’t fix it.” I recall reading about problems about updating the firmware.
I have a Phantom 3 pro and keep getting escape errors, it would be a shme to throw it away, I am sure irt is fixable I just don't have the diagnostic skills

I have a Phantom 3 pro and keep getting escape errors, it would be a shme to throw it away, I am sure irt is fixable I just don't have the diagnostic skills
You might want to start a new thread, since this is an old thread (2022). Just be sure you're in the Phantom 3 Pro area and list all particulars like 'when it last flew', 'firmware updates', 'what app and device' (IOS/Android, etc) . The more info will help those who respond better understanding of how to diagnose the issues. Good luck. 👍

Did he start I new thread he has account set up I see post history.

Rod ..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31