Phantom 3 Advanced won't fly..

Sounds like the WIFI and a lot of electrical interference was the root of the problem. Great that you got it figured out!

Rod. I was under the impression that if you where in such areas it could interfere with your connection

Yes and No, Yes cause interference problems, people been complaining about the Go-App reporting this to often but still they fly with no problems.
He had no messages of interference that we know of.

The No part, my mind says if its 10, 20' away it would take a lot of RF energy to block that signal.

For fun, if you have an android, and you have never seen this app, check it out.... :)
Wifi Analyzer - Android Apps on Google Play

Rod

Yes and No, Yes cause interference problems, people been complaining about the Go-App reporting this to often but still they fly with no problems.
He had no messages of interference that we know of.

The No part, my mind says if its 10, 20' away it would take a lot of RF energy to block that signal.

For fun, if you have an android, and you have never seen this app, check it out.... :)
Wifi Analyzer - Android Apps on Google Play

Rod
I have issues with my cell signal when wifi is off in my neighborhood also theres a lot of trees and stuff. I guess it was a fluke the one time I actually got it to fly in my back yard.

Cold weather would delay initial setup of AC before takeoff but once warmed up, it should be OK from that point on during flight and even subsequent flights if started soon enough and replacement battery is sufficiently warm.

If I am replacing my shell soon I should probably do my IMU recalibration after right?

I would think so but perhaps Rod better pipe in on that. But I personally would not think just by replacing the shell would require that.

I would when your all done, you would be banging a few things around taking it all apart, and putting it back together.
More of a fine tuning, IMU, Gimbal, Remote control.

Rod

Reactions: Oso
But I wouldn't be BANGING stuff around. :)
Maybe not, I know I would, not on purpose either. ;)

It was just my thought, tugging and twisting on that plastic shell, tightening the screws down realizing you got a wire pinched, etc.

Shouldn't have to do and IMU, don't think it would cause a crash, after your done testing, do them all. :)

Have you every took one a part, I have once and it stresses me out. :eek:

Rod

It was just my thought, tugging and twisting on that plastic shell, tightening the screws down realizing you got a wire pinched, etc.

Shouldn't have to do and IMU, don't think it would cause a crash, after your done testing, do them all. :)

Rod
An IMU cal is such a straight forward procedure that there is really no reason not to do it after major mechanical work like changing the shell. Then do the gimbal and compass too.
"Ounce of Prevention......"

Reactions: Axised and Phil56

Rod

No Rod I haven't but I think I'm going to have to and I'm already stressed out about it[emoji30]. I guess I was out of line with the caps. I'm going to try plast aid to stop the stress cracks. But it is still under warranty. However don't want to lose my bird for 90 days and it's just under one arm

No Rod I haven't but I think I'm going to have to and I'm already stressed out about it[emoji30]. I guess I was out of line with the caps. I'm going to try plast aid to stop the stress cracks. But it is still under warranty. However don't want to lose my bird for 90 days and it's just under one arm
Hum, well I could tell you didn't like my answer, and that's cool, I guess that's why I posted my detailed thoughts. I don't like pissing people of unless it is on purpose. ;)

Rod

I have issues with my cell signal when wifi is off in my neighborhood also theres a lot of trees and stuff. I guess it was a fluke the one time I actually got it to fly in my back yard.

the local wifi wont stop your motors from starting.

no fly zone will..
beginner mode can when limited gps..
rc needing linked with quad will.. ( the gimbal issue points to this btw)

been flying in a area with hundreds of wifi signals for almost 3 years with p2 vision plus and a p3s and p3p ,,
never an issue starting in any way anywhere..

good luck

Reactions: RodPad
Double think that, most people (in the US), me included, have gotten their bird back in 2-3 weeks. Still in warranty, let DJI do the work. I wouldn't recommend doing any mods while in warranty, something else might come up after you have voided it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20