Phantom 3 Advanced won't fly..

Ok apparently I was not provided the entire manual or all of them, because the one that came with mine is about 10 pages long..

no manual is provided with any phantom in printed format
only a quick start guide that is VERY limited

manuals are online for free download

CSC is the way to start the motors in all versions of phantoms I have owned from the p1 to p2 tp p3.

google "phantom csc"

good luck

Last edited:
I cannot switch to video mode, format my SD card, I cannot do anything with my RC to make the drone do anything because apparently it is receiving no signal... But the tablet is seeing the cameras view and both LEDs are green [emoji58][emoji35]

the RC is completely different control signal from the video and APP signal.
either can work without the other.

People have said downgrading the drone itself could brick it.. Assuming thats not whats already happened I want to find any alternatives to this first... But am about to try that if all else fails. I say that vaguely because I literally spent 4-6 straight hours googling solutions other people found that were having the same or similar issues, with the "signal lost" and no control of the gimbal..

unplug and replug the little grey cable to the gimbal maybe the connection needs reseated.

Reactions: dpsakon
9674be2f88f017748d822d2892d502ce.jpg
c3de0c768e3b901605919410c6dcf7a9.jpg
bb9bd02d02c253a3884741412ee7459b.jpg
d7489d4e8ece6ae423f2a08b03f091d8.jpg

Hi, I am a new flyer so take what I say with a grain of salt. If your in an apartment the wifi of neighbors can be a problem make sure your controller is set to "auto" so it can select its own channels as needed. I would shut off the tablet wifi because its not really needed I think. Good luck friend.

no manual is provided with any phantom in printed format
only a quick start guide that is VERY limited

manuals are online for free download

CSC is the way to start the motors in all versions of phantoms I have owned from the p1 to p2 tp p3.

google "phantom csc"

good luck

Right I tried this and no luck. Thanks though, considering I can't even control the gimbal anymore and all issues started post-updating firmware. this must be where the issue is... I just dont know whst to do. I ordered a new shell so while taking it apart I will be able to see if it is a hardware issue I suppose

99f20cf092dd5af0e0d5997e97224aa2.jpg
81d51baa4ea6dec0fd673a56ab238801.jpg

Here's what it said when I attempted to update drones firmware a d a picture with the firmware I was using... I dont understand why it says im trying to use packet: 1.06 or whatever but it appears to be up to date since 2014 according to the lower results... Any idea any one?...

Bump?
Just found this thread, and read it completely.
You had four well knowledged people trying to help.
To me it looks like, you haven't done anything they have asked.

Rod

Reactions: Phil56
Yeah, I wanted to try to help, but after reading the whole thread, I didn't know were to start, it was all questions and no answers.

Rod

Anyone notice that the screen says the AC firmware is version 1.1.5? May be a false reading though since the firmware upgrade results file suggests it is 1.6 or higher.
I too would suggest a re-link.
Based on those cracks, the drone may have had a bad crash at one time damaging electronics that don't appear until later. However cracks like that can appear on their own.

drone works apparently took her to an open field today to fly. motors started and stuff and I could manually take her off a little. But I had to reset and when I did it said IMU initiliazing keep drone still. I read this is because the cold affecting the barometer. It was bright and sunny when I left then the **** sun went away and it dropped 20 degrees... Gotta love michigan... Any way looks like shes gonna work, got the new shell in the mail today so will put that on asap and hopefully have a nice flight the next nice day...

I'm sure a lot of us here are wondering what the problem was and what did you do to resolve it? For future members posting.

drone works apparently took her to an open field today to fly. motors started and stuff and I could manually take her off a little. But I had to reset and when I did it said IMU initiliazing keep drone still. I read this is because the cold affecting the barometer. It was bright and sunny when I left then the **** sun went away and it dropped 20 degrees... Gotta love michigan... Any way looks like shes gonna work, got the new shell in the mail today so will put that on asap and hopefully have a nice flight the next nice day...
What do you mean "I had to reset"?
"IMU initializing" You did the IMU calibration or the Phantom did it on its own?

"dropped 20 degrees"
What was the temperature before it dropped?

Did you re-link the remote to the Phantom?
That is the unanswered question of the day?

Great you got it going, but was wrong?

That is what makes this web sight work. ;)

Rod

Apparently my neighborhood is just too clustered with wi-fis and telephone poles to get any kind of good signal. Because I took it to a wide open park and it worked almost right away. But the temperature dropped to like 15 degrees with the wind and I was at a park on the middle of the river in my town so it was pretty bitter cold plus it sat in my car while I was in the gym.. I'm guessing the IMU was originally calibrated in warmer weather so it wouldn't handle this weather for more than the few minutes I had it outside. The next nice day we have I will make sure I can take her for a nice flight after I change the shell and will post after that.

What do you mean "I had to reset"?
"IMU initializing" You did the IMU calibration or the Phantom did it on its own?

"dropped 20 degrees"
What was the temperature before it dropped?

Did you re-link the remote to the Phantom?
That is the unanswered question of the day?

Great you got it going, but was wrong?

That is what makes this web sight work. ;)

Rod
I don't remember why I reset honestly but I meant that I reset the aircraft and the RC.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj