Phantom 3 Advanced won't fly..

Reaction score
Ok so here's the deal. I purchased a Phantom 3 Advanced a few weeks ago. I flew it in a parking lot before buying it so I know it worked. I got it home and tried flying with my phone had issues. So I waited for my Nvidia K1 Shield to come to fly it. I hooked it up, everything seemed good to go but all I get is the dang red Signal lost reading in the top middle of DJI GO. I tried downgrading and re-upgrading and every possible thing I could find online... Tried re-linking.. I just don't know what to do. Before the tablet I at least was able to get it to connect enough to control the camera. Now, it connects so that I see the cameras view on the Shield tablet but still nothing but Signal Lost... Someone please help, I was so excited to finally have one of these and it has been an enormous dissapointment so far, I just feel like giving up on it.

Please list all the current installed FW versions for someone to help you out.

What did you change/do between now and the successful flight in the parking lot? Did you install new firmware?

Yes I installed new firmware when it prompted to on my K1 shield and it is the most current RC firmware and I also installed the most current P3A firmware available on DJI.com 1.0.10 or whatever. They are supposed to be compatible the two firmwares I have...

Which firmware versions do you see listed in the "General Settings" --> "About" section of DJI GO?

9674be2f88f017748d822d2892d502ce.jpg
c3de0c768e3b901605919410c6dcf7a9.jpg
bb9bd02d02c253a3884741412ee7459b.jpg
d7489d4e8ece6ae423f2a08b03f091d8.jpg

FYI even when the satellite signal is getting bars I am not able to control the bird.. The firmware is fully updated on the phantom, I checked the card after update and it said successful...

Is the flight mode switch in P mode? You might be flying in ATTI node (barometer only, no positioning by GPS). If you haven't yet, spend some time with the manual, it will pay off.

769dd4c5f26b3e716558ea6b9f8cf918.jpg

So purchased Litchi to give it a try.. Took it outside and got a green GPS signal... Yet it still failed to lift off, and I still cannot control the camera either only have fpv view from the tablet.. Also it will not let me calibrate it.. When I first updated with DJI Go it would at least let me calibrate the thing and now it wont on either app. When I push Calibrate it just does nothing, instead of prompting me to do the calibration dance..

Someone please say tell me they can help me... This was an early graduation gift to myself because Ive wanted one for years and I have been extremely stressed lately, so it is killing me that I cannot get this thing to work...

Yes it is set in P-mode... I spent almost 6 hours the other day reading the manual and trying to get it going.. Is it bricked? I just dont understand, both LEDs are green, I get image but the **** RC can't get the drone to do anything...

4054fea8c15293dab7a6b7d4326a6416.jpg

Just noticed these cracks.. There's no way these could be causing the issue is there? They had to have been there when I got it cuz it flew fine when I picked it up and the guy flew it in front of me...

No, that would not cause your issue. But those are serious cracks, the worst I've seen on this forum. The motor will likely pull out of the frame if it does get airborne.

Have you registered with DJI in the GO app? Sorry, when you said you couldn't control the bird earlier I hadn't allowed for the fact you couldn't even take off, I assumed it was just not holding position....

Are you starting the motors by holding both sticks down and in for a few seconds?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl