Phantom 3 advanced video and picture files only a few KB large

Reaction score
My drone won't always take videos and pictures when I try and the ones it does capture are only a few KB large. When I try to open the files on the computer it says it is unable to, obviously there's not anything there to open anyways. Is the problem with the drone or with settings I have set up? Maybe the card is corrupt, I'm not sure.

My drone won't always take videos and pictures when I try and the ones it does capture are only a few KB large. When I try to open the files on the computer it says it is unable to, obviously there's not anything there to open anyways. Is the problem with the drone or with settings I have set up? Maybe the card is corrupt, I'm not sure.
I would try another card first. Remove props, set drone on table, and record to test. I have a nice 956K video of my dining table with a flashlight in front of camera.
Have you tried formatting card from djigo app?

I would try another card first. Remove props, set drone on table, and record to test. I have a nice 956K video of my dining table with a flashlight in front of camera.
I haven't yet tried formatting the card through the app, but I think I may have isolated the problem. I have been flying off my phone, and today I tried flying off of a Samsung Galaxy Tablet 2. I was able to take pictures and video, but the live stream to the device during the flight was horrible. I think the problem might be with my phone? I will still try formatting the card through the app though, any other ideas? Thanks

Yes
yesterday my drone didn't record a flight. Turned out the memory card was still in the pc. When I was putting on the gimble lock I noticed the slot was empty and panicked it fell out. Then remembered I removed it to dump the videos. With all the christmas blackouts it slipped my mind, and I went to bed without putting it back in the drone.
Haven't used the UPS to charge the drone yet. But RC was charging off stereo usb port and was glowing green fully charged.

Yes

yesterday my drone didn't record a flight. Turned out the memory card was still in the pc. When I was putting on the gimble lock I noticed the slot was empty and panicked it fell out. Then remembered I removed it to dump the videos. With all the christmas blackouts it slipped my mind, and I went to bed without putting it back in the drone.
Haven't used the UPS to charge the drone yet. But RC was charging off stereo usb port and was glowing green fully charged.
So I tried formatting it though the dji app and it says formatting failed everytime, I reset all camera settings and tried to format the card again and the same error. I'm not able to record anything on the card ever, what would you recommend?

So I tried formatting it though the dji app and it says formatting failed everytime, I reset all camera settings and tried to format the card again and the same error. I'm not able to record anything on the card ever, what would you recommend?

Try formatting card from the app with galaxy. If it succeeds then it would have to be the phone & go app doing it to you. Then it is reinstall and updating.
If it fails formatting, then try formatting card in pc, you should get more info from that.

Try formatting card from the app with galaxy. If it succeeds then it would have to be the phone & go app doing it to you. Then it is reinstall and updating.
If it fails formatting, then try formatting card in pc, you should get more info from that.
I tried formatting through app with the galaxy, still failed. I put the card into the pc and tried 3 different ways of formatting and none of them worked, i decided to try another micro sd and it seemed to format and fit fine, it was just too slow at reading and writing. Borrowed a 32gb 10Mb/s from a friend and that did the trick! I think the card i was using is just screwed up somehow, it was a 16gb 10Mb/s card. Thanks for the help, if you have any ideas of how to fix the card let me know! I cant figure out what to do with it. :)

I tried formatting through app with the galaxy, still failed. I put the card into the pc and tried 3 different ways of formatting and none of them worked, i decided to try another micro sd and it seemed to format and fit fine, it was just too slow at reading and writing. Borrowed a 32gb 10Mb/s from a friend and that did the trick! I think the card i was using is just screwed up somehow, it was a 16gb 10Mb/s card. Thanks for the help, if you have any ideas of how to fix the card let me know! I cant figure out what to do with it. :)
Keep watching internet, and wallmart, then buy replacement 32 gig for $9. There is not really anything to fix on them, it's not even surface mount components. You just got one of those that averages out the MTF to 100,000 hours.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj