Phantom 3 advanced signal issue

Reaction score
Hey guys been getting abit more brave with my phantom 3 advanced going further in distance, now before we get the wrong end of the stick theres nothing wrong with my p3 as i have done a 2.5 mile flight each way on the beach ( what u think guys ??
) now my question is when i fly by my house im getting like half a mile then signal loss, i no its probably because of populated area and electrical interference, but can i do anything to improve this, for example dbs mods kit or fpvlr antenna kit, has anyone got one and can say it helps in built up areas?
Sorry for the long story, any help appreciated love this quad.. thanks for any help.

I have the dibs mod with the amplifiers and still can only get about a mile away from my in city home. We have lots of trees and houses.

Make sure you are as high up as possible (you not the bird) and the antenna are pointing at the bird. Pick a spot on the horizon which you can see is clear and fly towards that, keeping the remote pointed at it. Fly as high as you can safely and legally do so.

I can get 2 miles out with full signal with my P3A in my crowded residential location, the only mod I have is the windsurfer. I lean out of an open upstairs window to get myself as high as possible.

page 27 of the manual:eek::

upload_2015-10-28_11-48-28.png

Reactions: Chris P Duck
The more distance between transmitter and phantom 3 then you should also increase height but weather conditions will effect distance.
Hope that helps.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub