Phantom 3 advanced remote

Reaction score
I like so many other pilots seem to have an issue with the remote not charging. I have tried the reflow method. Tried unplugging the battery. I always get the first led flashing quickly and then it shuts off. I called DJI and they are no help. Send it in. So I have resigned to the fact I will have to purchase another remote. Does anyone know if I buy one from an authorized reseller if it comes with nay warranty? I asked DJI and they don't know. Any help would be appreciated.

I like so many other pilots seem to have an issue with the remote not charging. I have tried the reflow method. Tried unplugging the battery. I always get the first led flashing quickly and then it shuts off. I called DJI and they are no help. Send it in. So I have resigned to the fact I will have to purchase another remote. Does anyone know if I buy one from an authorized reseller if it comes with nay warranty? I asked DJI and they don't know. Any help would be appreciated.

No one?

Does anyone know if I buy one from an authorized reseller if it comes with nay warranty?
Brand new products purchased from DJI or an authorized DJI dealer are covered under the DJI warranty. The DJI warranty shows the P3A remote controller is covered for 12 months.

Warranty.jpg

@Grinchy115, how long have you had this remote and what are you using to charge it?

Rod

Not sure if you want to go through the hassle, but I've been able to snag a few remotes off of Ebay cheap. If you watch the listings they pop on with various issues or with drones that have issues.. And most of the time I've been able to piece them together or use one for parts. Or a whole set up that's not working with drone issues.

as an example... I bought one with a non working drone,charger, 2 batteries for $180 and threw the drone back on Ebay for parts and kept the gimbal, charger, batteries,extra props, and remote. I ended up with basically next to nothing except time into it if you break down all the other extra pieces too. . It doesn't always work out that cheap but the deals are out there if you watch the listings and want to do a little juggling. I wouldn't be able to afford the hobby any other way , I pieced everything, even my now "good drones" together from pieces parts.

Last edited:
Reactions: RodPad
Standard charger that came with drive kit
"drive kit" :)
I spaced out on my end, I was thinking of charging problems not using a powerful enough supply for charging the P3S with a USB cable.:rolleyes:

Rod

Reactions: Joker2415
"drive kit" :)
I spaced out on my end, I was thinking of charging problems not using a powerful enough supply for charging the P3S with a USB cable.:rolleyes:

Rod
I probably shouldn't admit this.......My first pro didn't come with a charger, I had previously owned a standard, Well, I tried to charge the remote the same way and couldn't figure out why it wouldn't charge.....

Reactions: RodPad

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers