Phantom 3 advanced gimbal issues

phantom 3 advanced gimbal stopped working, replaced ribbon cable, still not working. any ideas?

• how to repair

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • or can it be repaired

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
phantom 3 advanced gimbal stopped working, I replaced the ribbon cable and its still not working, anyone have idea what it could be?

phantom 3 advanced gimbal stopped working, I replaced the ribbon cable and its still not working, anyone have idea what it could be?
did you get any kind of error message, like gimbal motor overload?

I replaced my yaw arm and ribbon but now have this error message[emoji22]
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1445648374.242927.jpg

Did you do all the firmware updates and app upgrades?

I have done everything possible , Imu cal, compass cal, updated bird controller and app,, formatted two cards and also backtracked the firmware on bird and control.. Back on latest firmware now and still no camera or gimble,,, gimble makes a noise and buzzing during calibration just does not move,,, if I could narrow it down a bit I could buy the parts I need[emoji15] having spent all my money to buy the p3p I don't have the funds to pay nearly half again to replace gimble/ camera[emoji27]

I have done everything possible , Imu cal, compass cal, updated bird controller and app,, formatted two cards and also backtracked the firmware on bird and control.. Back on latest firmware now and still no camera or gimble,,, gimble makes a noise and buzzing during calibration just does not move,,, if I could narrow it down a bit I could buy the parts I need[emoji15] having spent all my money to buy the p3p I don't have the funds to pay nearly half again to replace gimble/ camera[emoji27]
The only other issue I could think of if it is making a noise, are the grub screws holding the motors to the shafts. Check those, there is one at the top at the gimbal base and one on the lower gimbal motor. If those aren't tight and on the flat part of the shaft, the gimbal wont operate.

IF that doesn't work, and no one else gives you some ideas, I would only assume you would have to send it in.

Reactions: richmunton
Cheers Bob , have checked both already[emoji17] only problem I have is that DJI don't seem to repair individual parts on the gimble , they just quote you for whole new unit, and being as my yaw arm is bonded with aluminium apoxy I don't think they will do anything other than tell me to change the whole gimble[emoji30]

Cheers Bob , have checked both already[emoji17] only problem I have is that DJI don't seem to repair individual parts on the gimble , they just quote you for whole new unit, and being as my yaw arm is bonded with aluminium apoxy I don't think they will do anything other than tell me to change the whole gimble[emoji30]
There should be some used parts on Ebay or post a wanted add in the classifieds on this forum.

rich,bob
thanks for you guys input, I have tried everything I can think of other than replacing motors. I actually have two gimbals that aren't working after ribbon and yaw arm replacement, i'm starting to think maybe the ribbon cables I bought are not any good. I wish there was a way to bench test each motor though because the rotation motor has me wondering.

rich,bob
thanks for you guys input, I have tried everything I can think of other than replacing motors. I actually have two gimbals that aren't working after ribbon and yaw arm replacement, i'm starting to think maybe the ribbon cables I bought are not any good. I wish there was a way to bench test each motor though because the rotation motor has me wondering.
Did you buy new ribbon cables?

I bought new gimble/ camera ribbon,,, haven't changed the gray ones though as they look perfect,, gimble never even popped a damper so gray cables were never stretched ?

I bought new gimble/ camera ribbon,,, haven't changed the gray ones though as they look perfect,, gimble never even popped a damper so gray cables were never stretched ?
If you aren't going to replace all of them, you should at least test the continuity on the ones that you are leaving on and also "unplug and re-plug them" That is an old computer repair tip that sometimes works wonders.

Unplugged the short one at both ends a couple of times , they both have power outputs because the yaw and pitch motors both buzz and vibrate when I calibrate the gimble,, just no video feed or movement?

If you found it necessary to repair the yaw arm I'm guessing you crashed it. Maybe some other stuff got broken. I wouldn't worry about it being software.

has anyone had success replacing the yaw arm and ribbon cable? just wondering, I actually purchased another camera that wasn't working just to give it a shot however I haven't received any positive out come on either. now I'm about to bite the bullet and order a brand new camera. I ask this question because I hope nothing is broken inside the P3A itself. it does fly even with the broken camera/gimbal, it just doesn't show picture or video and says no signal. thanks for all input

where are you located?
i've done a fair share of gimbal repair for P2 and P3.. about 600 and counting in the past year ;)

I hope this doesn't violate the forum rules... I crashed my P3A by activating the Litchi follow me mode without taking the time to understand it. It flew into a tree behind me after warning me to make sure the area was clear ha ha. Anyway, I sent the camera/gimbal assembly to ATKDrones UAV Repair Service. My interaction with them was excellent. In addition, they replaced the yaw arm with a machined part which is slightly heavier but much stronger than the pot metal part that originally came with the assembly. I couldn't be happier. http://ATKDrones.com/

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl