Phantom 3 Advanced, Flickering Video

Reaction score
I have a Phantom 3 Advanced I have owned for over a year but only flown once. I took it out today to practice as I am leaving for Maui next month and bought a hard case to bring it. Everything went well but when I watched the video back I noticed that it's flickering. I just updated the firmware before I took it out on the drone and the transmitter. I can post the video to show an example but I want to edit it as it includes my house, my wife etc.

On windows 10 and it looks like movie maker was removed, is there a suggested video editing software that is free so I can cut down a 20 min video to a few minutes and exclude the parts I don't want to share with the internet?

Also I was flying right around sunset, could that explain the flicking video?

Thank you for your time.

Was the flicker possibly through the adapter? I know the video can be pretty jumpy when you are using micro-sd to sd adapter for your computer. As for the video editing software, I'm not the expert on that stuff.

It was through an adaptor, it there a better way to get it onto my computer?

Without seeing the video it may be hard to diagnose. I agree with the above post, make sure you copy the file to your hard drive before playing. As for a quick easy editor if you are used to Windows Movie Maker you can still download it for Windows HERE It doesn't show Windows 10 compatibility but it still works, Also Go Pro Studio is easy and free.

Without seeing the video it may be hard to diagnose. I agree with the above post, make sure you copy the file to your hard drive before playing. As for a quick easy editor if you are used to Windows Movie Maker you can still download it for Windows HERE It doesn't show Windows 10 compatibility but it still works, Also Go Pro Studio is easy and free.

Oh yeah no I put in on my local disk, not viewing it from the card. Thank you, downloading movie maker now.

This is a small except from the video, it's most apparent in the first few seconds.

I am getting better at extracting sections from the video, this is a good example. Will be my last one until I fly again tomorrow:

I can't see it at all, have you tried viewing it on another computer? Maybe there is something wrong with your encoder / decoder

Sent from my Pixel using PhantomPilots mobile app

Are you sure that isn't aliasing from the camera being a little to sharp? If that is what you are talking about you can adjust the sharpness.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20