Phantom 3 Advanced Engine Issue

Reaction score
** Engine Question ** I have had my Phantom 3 Advanced for about a month 1/2 the motors were running great and they still are, however today i took it out and noticed at full power it was only traveling Top Speed at 20mph when before it would do 37 all day long. Any help would be great. Thank you.

Zero Wind clear day.
How high were you? Sometimes it might feel and look like no wind and ground level but will be completely different up in the air. Even as low as 50-100 feet.

I was at 150ish ft I went in all directions N,S,W, and E and even NE, NW, Etc...Still would not got more than 20 MPH. I was looking inside the motors and there is some copper stuff/a green colored thing and it looks like some of the green stuff wore off or chipped off.

Reactions: mmee1992
I was at 150ish ft I went in all directions N,S,W, and E and even NE, NW, Etc...Still would not got more than 20 MPH. I was looking inside the motors and there is some copper stuff/a green colored thing and it looks like some of the green stuff wore off or chipped off.
Were you getting 37 in P mode or in Atti Mode?

Also how hot was it. If it is anything like a real helicopter the rotors will be way less efficient if it is hot out. Maybe that has something to do with it or maybe I'm overthinking it haha.

Interesting. As long as your motors are spinning freely with no grittyness I wouldn't worry about them. Maybe go out and give it another try when you get a chance.

The Phantom doesn't get it's speed from the speed of the motors.
It's speed comes from tilting.
If your Phantom is hovering and flying, the motors are fine.
There's very little that can go wrong with the motors - either they work or they don't.

Reactions: Monico Garza
ok, they spin freely with no problems. They only have 4 hours on them since I got it so they are new. its just weird it would go past 20 mph when before it almost did double that. I will try it again tomorrow. Weather permitting

You mean like the blue stuff in the picture? Thats for balancing the motors and would increase vibrations not so much speed.
If its the green stuff then its a different story. Can you take a picture?
Are you using a new App version? Did you happen to fly in Atti mode before?
Maybe post your flight log (the one stored on the tablet/phone)
motor.JPG

Reactions: Monico Garza
Give me a moment and i will get a picture of it and also Never have had it in ATTI Mode. Yes the newest app. I have always updated and never had a problem until today. Just a min

Those windings look like they overheated - damaged through a foreign object?
Did your flight time decrease?
Can you upload a flight log file from when you were flying at 37mph and then at 20mph?
The files look something like:
DJIFlightRecord_2015-09_26[11-16-07].txt
zoomed.jpg

Wind, temperature and humidity can effect flight speed with Phantom just like it does a golf ball. The right conditions you can kill golf ball, conditions change and it hard to figure why your hitting 35-50 yards less.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20