Phantom 3 advanced doesn't hover in place

Reaction score
I am looking for some help with my P3A. I got it new in the box a few weeks ago and updated the firmware on both RC and the quad, did an imu calibration on level ground and compass calibration as well. At first it flew perfectly but in the past week or so I've noticed it not flying so well. It takes about 2-3 minutes to warm up initially where before it took a minute or less. Also, it will not hover in place. Sometimes it just moves around a few feet in different directions and other times it will jerk around in place like it's not sure what to do. It also will not fly a straight line anymore and when I try to it drifts right or left and needs correction. (not windy days at all) I attached a link to a video of what it's doing in the air. If anyone has any suggestions on fixes please let me know. It's driving me crazy because I love flying it but am getting annoyed with its flight habits. I forgot to mention this is in GPS mode and has never been crashed. Thank you.
Video link

Last edited:
Did you calibrate the compass where you took the video? I'm sure there's steel rebar in that slab.

And BTW–by watching the shadow, I didn't see it move out of more than about a half-square meter in any direction.

SB

Did you calibrate the compass where you took the video? I'm sure there's steel rebar in that slab.

And BTW–by watching the shadow, I didn't see it move out of more than about a half-square meter in any direction.

SB
I had calibrated it in multiple spots including the one in the video. Are you saying the movement is normal during hovering? I know when I first was flying it the bird would barely move, I know I didn't have to correct it to keep it from hitting me.

I am looking for some help with my P3A. I got it new in the box a few weeks ago and updated the firmware on both RC and the quad, did an imu calibration on level ground and compass calibration as well. At first it flew perfectly but in the past week or so I've noticed it not flying so well. It takes about 2-3 minutes to warm up initially where before it took a minute or less. Also, it will not hover in place. Sometimes it just moves around a few feet in different directions and other times it will jerk around in place like it's not sure what to do. It also will not fly a straight line anymore and when I try to it drifts right or left and needs correction. (not windy days at all) I attached a link to a video of what it's doing in the air. If anyone has any suggestions on fixes please let me know. It's driving me crazy because I love flying it but am getting annoyed with its flight habits. I forgot to mention this is in GPS mode and has never been crashed. Thank you.
Video link
Put it up higher about 10 12 feet see if it helps sometimes it is trying to figure out what the ground is

Some movement is normal. Sometimes I get a little like you had in the video and sometimes it just sits there holding like it's on the ground. I think what they were saying is wanting to make sure that you did a compass calibration away from the concrete. Because the concrete most likely has steel rebar in it.

I gotcha I will try recalibrating again. I guess I thought it was supposed to hold position with less movement. If I see it twitching again I'll try to get video of it,it just looked wrong. Thanks.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr