Phantom 3 Advanced Crashed....

Reaction score
Over the weekend I was flying my Phantom 3 advanced and there was electrical line interference and it flew into branches about 15 ft off the ground and crashed! everything looked fine, but the gimbal makes a grinding sound and the camera turns but doesn't line up in correct spot! my imu calibration keeps failing saying unknown error! It sounds like a gears is off in the gimbal motor but I wasn't sure whether I should take the screws out because that may void the warranty(If the crash didn't void it already :( )
Any help on what I should do would be greatly appreciated!

What do you mean by "electrical interference"?! If you know it was something nearby that caused your bird to crash, I'd contact either DJI or your dealer for an RMA # to get it back for repair. In the meantime, I'd buy another one, because you'll most likely be without it for a couple of months. And you'll probably be paying for the repairs, too. Hey, you asked!

buying another one right now isn't an option! Maybe I will contact the dealer, I just thought someone on here maybe had a similar situation!

I'm still trying to figure out the situation. You flew in a place where you knew there was interference, crashed, and are asking what you should do? If that's the case, get it repaired or buy a new one, since pilot error is not covered by DJI or your dealer.

did you physically hit the electrical lines? It sounds like your gimbal is toast. You can try looking for someone who is parting out their P3 but unfortunately (as people have said) you might need to buy another one if you don't want to wait a couple of months for a repair. If you physically hit the power line... that wouldn't be covered under the warranty...

I wasn't aware of the interference at first, I'm assuming that what caused the drone to not respond quickly! Anyhow! I'm looking for some answers on repairing the gimbal! Any help there would be greatly appreciated!

No! I didn't hit an electric line! The pole was next to me the Phantom was in the air, I pushed the control and it didn't respond and hit branches of a tree, and fell approx. 15 ft. The copter looks ok, but there is a small grinding sound in the gimbal motor caused from dropping 15 ft! the gimbal still moves but doesn't line up in the forward position now!

No! I didn't hit an electric line! The pole was next to me the Phantom was in the air, I pushed the control and it didn't respond and hit branches of a tree, and fell approx. 15 ft. The copter looks ok, but there is a small grinding sound in the gimbal motor caused from dropping 15 ft! the gimbal still moves but doesn't line up in the forward position now!
Did you by any chance just update the firmware ?

I had a similar situation but it was in my case my own stupid fold.
Probably phantom 13 flyer is close to answering why your P3 had a mind of its own.
In my case after the firmware update all my settings where back to default, also my Phone didn't
fully supported the DJ1 Pilot app Samsung Galaxy S3. So when my battery was almost critical my bird went back to the home coordinates, i set the altitude for "safe flying and avoiding obstacles" b4 my update @ 100 meters.
Forgot to look if the update defaulted my settings.
Well one tree a phone and 2 props not forget my small heart attack later, learnt that flying your €1099,-
P3 needs a little more pre planning and checking then stepping in your car.

Total spend € after this lesson?

New Phone: € 459,- (Samsung Galaxy S5)
New props : € 15,-
Consult Doctor :€ (covert by insurance)

Alex

Reactions: phantom13flyer
I wasn't aware of the interference at first, I'm assuming that what caused the drone to not respond quickly!
That assumption is questionable.
Flying close to trees, poles and buildings is the number one killer of Phantoms.
Genuine interference affecting Phantoms is extremely rare.
If the line involved was ordinary domestic supply rather than high voltage transmission lines, it had no effect at all.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik