P3 Firmware Phantom 3 Advanced craft and controller Firmware mismatch?

Reaction score
Hi Everybody!
I recently purchased the Phantom 3 advanced fromDJI and had it delivered a few days ago. I watched a tutorial video that advised me that before starting to fly the phantom i should update the firmware on both the craft and the controller. I followed the steps as recommended by DJI and updated the craft itself using the SD card method, to version 1.9 i Believe whichever is the most up to date from the website. i then tried to update the controller itself using the method of a USB stick into the controller to which i was not successful. i then discovered that the correct way to update to controller is through the DJI GO app, i then attempted to do this but i was not given the advice in the App that the firmware is out of date on the controller . i believe it is version 1.6 which is how it was sent default from DJI. my question is, are these the most up to date firmware versions? does it matter that the versions of both the craft and the controller differ ? and if so how can i update the controller to the same version as the craft?
As I couldnt get the controller to update i decided to fly the craft with these versions of the Firmware and it worked perfectly, im just concerned that the firmware should be the same versions on both controller and craft for a safer peace of mind flight, to avoid fly aways etc.
any help would be most appreciated.
George

1.6 is the latest firmware for the controller....you have the correct versions on both bits of equipment.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4