Phantom 3 advance range uk

Reaction score
I stay in a village with lots of trees etc etc .was flying at 200 feet and my video signal was dropping out at around 2200 feet .control signal was flickering from low to full.
Is this normal?
I have a windsurfer mod too.
I was expecting a lot more range then that
And ideas?

I stay in a village with lots of trees etc etc .was flying at 200 feet and my video signal was dropping out at around 2200 feet .control signal was flickering from low to full.
Is this normal?
I have a windsurfer mod too.
I was expecting a lot more range then that
And ideas?

Live in London and have gone as far as 2 - 2.5km without a problem, turned around only because of getting cold feet.

P.S Live in a very high interference area.

Live in London and have gone as far as 2 - 2.5km without a problem, turned around only because of getting cold feet.

P.S Live in a very high interference area.
Hmm that's almost 4 times my distance????
Is yours standard?

No problems here uk Manchester urban test with Windsurfer mod 6800ft. (Signal weak 3 bars) turned around

Another controller with DBS Mods 11,000ft urban area. (Signal weak with 2 bars)
Both test was done with 397ft attitude.

DJI Phantom 3 Advanced

Last edited:
I have flow over 6km in range without a problem without obstructions (stock out of the box p3p) and then try flying in my back yard with houses/ trees in the neighborhood and I'm lucky if I get over 1km without feed and RC dropping in and out.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Make sure wifi and Bluetooth are off on all devices you have with you except the device communicating with the drone - if it requires wifi. Both operate at 2.4 ghz, and interfere with the remote and video downlink.

Got 2200 feet yesterday from back garden before I started losing video link.control link was flickering from 1 to full bars .I need to try it in a less obstructed area tomorrow I think

Bog standard 3512 metres still great signal but it decided the battery was getting iffy so it went into RTH mode, a fantastic bit of kit[emoji2]

Update........
Got 8000 feet today in a more open space.still had full signals when I turned around at 8000.
Thank God cos I thought my drone was faulty lol.
Next step is to crack 10000 feet.remember this is in UK and on CE transmitter mode not FCC.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20