Phantom 3 adv thinks its a 4 after update

Reaction score
Hello,

I have been flying an inspire for a good while and really enjoy it. So much, I bought a phantom 3 adv the other day so I could take it out in the boat with me for offshore fishing video. Being an inspire guy, I am pretty familiar with the DJI setup but I am at a loss for this issue and came here for help....

I opened a new Phantom 3 adv and obviously needed to update firmware. So, I had it already downloaded on micro SD for the aircraft and the DJI app downloaded and upgraded the remote. Once everything got done, its now a brick. They wont connect.

If I start the DJI app and plug it into the ipad, the choice of aircraft goes away and it sticks on Phantom 4. If I enter camera, it says disconnected. Its obviously not a 4 so I get why it wont work. The issue is I cant bring it to 3 adv.

If I unplug the ipad, the app immediately gives me the drop down menue. I can select 3 ADV. Plug it back into the rc and boom. Goes to phantom 4 and a loss again.

I chatted DJI and they said to reinstall the DJI app, which I did and it didn't work.

Anyone care to help?

Thanks

When you reinstalled the Go app, did you simply uninstall then reinstall?
I've had 3 apps including the Go app that did not provide any positive results in fixing issues, until I did it like this.
Go into app manager and clear the Go app's cache.
Uninstall the app
Shut device off and leave it off for a minute
Turn device back on and reinstall app.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

So, I deleted it on the Ipad, powered it off, and then reloaded it. I have not tried what you mention above on an android device. I'll try it on my android device and see what happens.... stay tuned!

If you click on where it says Phantom 4 there should be a drop down menu and you should be able to pick your drone off that list.

That's the issue, the drop down disappears and it sets to Phantom 4 with no other option. The app is convinced y remote is a 4 remote.

Ok, but in your video, you're opening the app first, and choosing a bird.
You should be (and maybe have tried already ) connecting the RC to the bird first, then opening the Go app.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I've actually had that happen on my Galaxy Tab 4, though it did go to the camera screen, after a bit of a wait.

Here's what I do:

Turn on the Galaxy Tab 4
Connect it to the R/C
Turn on the R/C
Wait for prompt to run DJI Go App (I press "just once") (Don't touch the App yet!)
Turn on the Phantom 3
Wait.... The P3A goes through its camera dance, then the "nyeet nyeet" noise.
At this point (or shortly after) the Phantom 3 Advanced is displayed on the Tab's screen without using the drop down menu.
Press camera view, wait for [Safe to Fly].

I've found if you try to rush the App, it gets all cranky and pissy. Occasionally I need to restart the Tab 4
and do the whole sequence over.... the latest version has been good so far.

Hope this helps... I do find a cold calibration helpful after Firmware updates, seems to make things work smoothly.

Your drop down menu is in a different order than mine. I have a standard, but I thought the menu would be the same for everyone, maybe not.
2016_03_30_20.46.30.jpg

No dice. If I turn the copter and remote on first, then the app, the app just opens in camera mode. No choice and its in P4 mode. This is soooooo annoying.

Fine an older version of the DJI Go app before the Phantom 4 came out so Phantom 4 isn't in the drop down menu and load that on your iPad. I do know where to find older versions for Android but not for Apple. Search Google or maybe someone on here will know where to find an older version of the DJI GO app for Apple. Once you get the drone and controller connected you can probably update to the latest version of the DJI Go app.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers