Phantom 3 Adv, Pro Camera

Reaction score
Ok I don't know who put the cement on my camera lense, but its not very funny. I have a Advanced and Pro n and I can not get the lense cover off of either one. I have gone so far as trying vise grips.
I have used rubber bands sandpaper and vise. Is there a lock or something on the lense? Does anyone have the answer? Why is
dji putting them on so tight?

Thaniks

Mikie

The trick is to avoid applying any pressure that may deform the ring, it causes the threads to Grab. By the sounds of it you may have butchered them already. Try the sole of a sand shoe, yes I’m serious. Apply pressure direct to the face while turning.

This is the same dilemma we get with all threaded filters.

Reactions: Oso
Ok I don't know who put the cement on my camera lense, but its not very funny. I have a Advanced and Pro n and I can not get the lense cover off of either one. I have gone so far as trying vise grips.
I have used rubber bands sandpaper and vise. Is there a lock or something on the lense? Does anyone have the answer? Why is
dji putting them on so tight?

Thaniks

Mikie
What I tell people here and in my list of tips is the camera lens cover / UV filter is often difficult to unscrew for removal. It's best to use a very light grip as you turn it. Many use a rubber band or a latex glove to assist, but still always keeping a very light grip. Others have had luck with the prop removal tool. I use a rubber band.

Good luck and happy holidays!

Reactions: Apilot101
Vice grips!!??? Blimey!
Pop a rubber glove on and apply the tiniest amount of pressure gripping the filter ring and turn anti-clockwise.

a wide rubber band works for me on my p3a , and not alot of grip

My no1 p3a was easy, the second and third, not so much. In the end I put a tiny drop of wd40 on the joints, and left it for 15 min. Both were easily removed using a rubber band after that. Remember to wipe the wd40 off. The small amount that remains stops any more thread binding.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj