Phantom 3 4K - image feedback request

Reaction score
Hello to all,
Last week I bought the 3 4k as I am a photographer and primarily wanted the camera quality of the professional without the pro extras.
I have variable results in a week but the main concern is no image is that sharp. Have a few samples posted for feedback from photographers please.
I have taken the camera protector off. I use manual controls and reduce sharpening and saturation so I can post process in lightroom PS and Nik. ISO 100 in all and shutter between 500 and 1000.
I am having fun with it, that for sure but I do expect a little better especially having seen the results of other photographers. (4 shots attached...the best being the village shot)
Thanks in advance, Ian

Attachments

• havang drone 3.jpg
    havang drone 3.jpg
    424.3 KB · Views: 415
  • havang drone 1.jpg
    havang drone 1.jpg
    424.4 KB · Views: 432
  • baskemolla  drone view from seaside harbour 1.jpg
    baskemolla drone view from seaside harbour 1.jpg
    383.7 KB · Views: 430
Normally you find the Phantom 3 4K camera has overly sharp (and overly saturated) images and you need to knock back both. I normally run at -3 saturation -2 sharpness, RAW for stills and D-log for video.

Those images look nice too me, but hard to tell if they are getting too soft without being able to get a 100% zoom on them. Did you capture in HDR or standard single shot ?

Hi and thanks for taking the time to reply. Actually I have my settings at exactly the same as you mentioned. The harbour shot was a single shot and the Stones was bracketed. The harbour I am happy enough with but the stones there is no focus on the stones themselves or any other part of the image for that matter...lots of images appear like that. Maybe I'm nit picking ...

If you used the auto HDR, that could create a softer image due to the difference between the bracketed images and could make the whole image soft. Your right about the rocks being soft.

I'm still coming to grips with mine too, I noticed they like a bit of light, like most cameras.

I'de do some more testing without HDR, if you can get single shots in good light sharp, then you know that it isn't a problem with the lens alignment / hardware.

Thanks again sir...
Never auto HDR ...don't like it. I blend using photoshop or Lightroom and Nik. Yes...probably light is the difference... !
Lots of fun anyway! Are you a landscape photographer? By chance do you have images to show? Mine is www.photographingsweden.smugmug.com
It's good to speak with good people like yourself

Nothing at the level of your stuff Stardust :)
photoginist's Library

I've been trying to move into video,

Here is one I did with my Phantom,

Go Pro without Gimbal as comparison,

I do have some images I took with the Phantom, but haven't processed them yet.

Well thank you for saying that... Your images are also good and the videos I like... Not tried video yet but will deffo have a go.
Cheers
Ian

These are taken with a P3S. Your first one looks soft (the one with the huts) but the others look OK. What are you processing them in?

DJI_0007.jpg DJI_0016.jpg DJI_0026.jpg

LCreative that Gopro without gimbal looks good, I'm surprised at how stable it is without a gimbal, what quadcopter is that?

Hi there, thanks for the feedback. I process in LR and Nik. Yours look pretty good...in honesty i think the results are ok. One thing for sure is a love taking photos with it!

LCreative that Gopro without gimbal looks good, I'm surprised at how stable it is without a gimbal, what quadcopter is that?

Hey Vroom, its an 'Alien Copter' 450. They run stable when there is no wind / turbulence, as soon as you get a bit of wind then you will notice the movement alot more ... it's also in the PID settings.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik