Phantom 3 4k, Avoid

Reaction score
Had the phantom 3 advance, got the phantom 3 4K version, it didnt work anything like the advance!! It worked off wireless, as it didnt have the usb port to connect it directly, would only go about 200ft then return to home due to bad signal! The advanced model, in exact same place can go for about 3 miles!!! Also didnt have the option to choose channels ect like the advanced does, best to avoid the 4K till they sort it out!!! Returned mine and got the Advanced again!!! Im so happy with the one i have now!! Amazing :)

These differences are provided and everyone is aware of them. Not sure how you missed the memo.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

yep p3a much better bird

DJI's Idea Of selling the 4K camera on a short range phantom 3 standard. They had a run on 4K cams and unloaded them on the basic P3S platform.
I guess they have a overload of those as well. This will probably drop the price even more on the P3S if there are any still left after the debacle from the P3 4K.
They are not selling anyway. At least not at my dealership.

Last edited:
Was sold it based on it being the same as p3a, but with 4k camera, this was nothing like the p3a!! It simply didnt work!! 200 ft vs 3 miles!! In my opinion DJI has failed with this one, the set up options dont even have the 4k on the list to choose from!! I tried everything to make it work but ended up returning it. Delighted with the p3a

My first drone was a Phantom 3 4K, had it for about a week and decided to return it. I was not satisfied with the range, live video feed and loses connection about 200-300 feet. I now have the P3P and its nothing compare to P3 4K except for the 4K video quality.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair