Phantom 3 - 3 Port Battery + Remote Charger

Reaction score
20150802_115806.jpg

Just received a new charger for the Phantom 3 series. This charger provides 17.5v @ 4a per lead. It also allows you to charge the Transmitter at the same time. I was surprised by the units size. It's about 2 1/2 of the Pro Chargers. So it's not going to be this big brick to pack along on your trips.

When you first plug it in you will notice that it does not have a power LED. At first I thought I might have received a bad unit since it makes absolutely no noise until you start putting a load on the device.

It has a variable speed fan that keeps the charger cool. This fan isn't the quietest fan when at full speed but does an excellent job at keeping the device cool under full load. This is the important part, heat kills electronics.

It's a little slower than the pro's charger. It charges at about the same rate as the advanced. But remember you are charging 3 batteries at a time. I would like to see them maybe do a 6amp output per lead. This would bring charge times down to about an hour for all 3 packs versus the current 80mins.

Overall for $75 it's a solid buy and would recommend it to ANYONE that wants to charge more than one pack at a time.

20150801_133356.jpg 20150801_133413.jpg 20150802_115748.jpg

Spec:
Input: 110-240V
Output: 17.5V 12A; 17.5V 4A Per Lead.
Charging time: around 80 minutes for charging 3 batteries at the same time.
Charging 1 battery takes 80 minutes as well.
Plug type: USA plug, other countries will be USA plug+travel adapter.
Note: Please keep dry when charging.

Size: 17.5*12*4.7cm(L*W*H)
Package weight: 920g

Available @ https://www.rcdepothobbies.com/Charger_for_DJI_Phantom_3_charging_3_batteries_and_p/rcdh-dji025.htm

Any idea if using this voids the warranty on batteries?

Any idea if using this voids the warranty on batteries?

Nope, it's actually a little lower amperage than the pro charger a little higher than the advanced.

Last edited:
Cheaper than buying 2 additional chargers like I did but I don't know how I feel about 3rd party chargers for our batteries.

Cheaper than buying 2 additional chargers like I did but I don't know how I feel about 3rd party chargers for our batteries.

This was designed just for the p3 batteries. Same logic just three power supplies. This is why I posted the internal pic, this is no parallel charger.

More and more I use this thing, the more I like..

Reactions: atki
View attachment 26404
Just received a new charger for the Phantom 3 series. This charger provides 17.5v @ 4a per lead. It also allows you to charge the Transmitter at the same time. I was surprised by the units size. It's about 2 1/2 of the Pro Chargers. So it's not going to be this big brick to pack along on your trips.

When you first plug it in you will notice that it does not have a power LED. At first I thought I might have received a bad unit since it makes absolutely no noise until you start putting a load on the device.

It has a variable speed fan that keeps the charger cool. This fan isn't the quietest fan when at full speed but does an excellent job at keeping the device cool under full load. This is the important part, heat kills electronics.

It's a little slower than the pro's charger. It charges at about the same rate as the advanced. But remember you are charging 3 batteries at a time. I would like to see them maybe do a 6amp output per lead. This would bring charge times down to about an hour for all 3 packs versus the current 80mins.

Overall for $75 it's a solid buy and would recommend it to ANYONE that wants to charge more than one pack at a time.

Spec:

Available @ https://www.rcdepothobbies.com/Charger_for_DJI_Phantom_3_charging_3_batteries_and_p/rcdh-dji025.htm
Thanks!
Also available at http://www.heli-star.com/accessories/dji025.html for $45. Shipping is a few bucks more than rcdepot, but total shipped cost (express) is $76 and they list as in stock now rathet than 8/12. We'll see when it ships and arrives.

Thanks!
Also available at http://www.heli-star.com/accessories/dji025.html for $45. Shipping is a few bucks more than rcdepot, but total shipped cost (express) is $76 and they list as in stock now rathet than 8/12. We'll see when it ships and arrives.

Only bummer if you get one overseas is that of something is wrong you might as well throw it out..

Shipping it back would almost cost the same as a new unit.

Im going to buy a inverter DC 12V to 220V of 600wts....to use on my car...

Any advice against?

Thanks!

I may be being paranoid but that site looks dodgier than a 3 day old sausage pizza. Has anyone bought from them?

Personally i never buy from a site where most of the links for shipping / returns dead end to the front page.

Reactions: mmee1992
I may be being paranoid but that site looks dodgier than a 3 day old sausage pizza. Has anyone bought from them?

Personally i never buy from a site where most of the links for shipping / returns dead end to the front page.

Solid seller man.. Or I wouldn't be suggestion them..:)

Reactions: Khador

These guys are legit. I bought my P3P from them and have shopped locally from them for years.

I suspect he was asking about helistar, not rcdepot. Khador, I'll let you know my experience in a week or so, but I believe helistar is a chinese manufacturer of various rc parts (perhaps including this charger for dji). I believe my order will ship directly from HK. We'll see.

Im going to buy a inverter DC 12V to 220V of 600wts....to use on my car...

Any advice against?

Make sure you get good quality like bestek or triplte. And that your car uses a 15amp accessory fuse or better. If you want to be fully 100% safe get a pure or true sign wave inverter for the absolute best quality power. Those are much more expensive tho.

Reactions: acherman
View attachment 26404

Spec:

Tell them to send you your commission check-- just ordered. Thanks for sharing.:)

That's the best price I've seen yet for a multi-charger. I definitely need to come up with a field charging solution as no mobile charging seems to work with P3 (not enough juice for charger)

Make sure you get good quality like bestek or triplte. And that your car uses a 15amp accessory fuse or better. If you want to be fully 100% safe get a pure or true sign wave inverter for the absolute best quality power. Those are much more expensive tho.
So true. I bought a cheap one once for charging my laptop in the car several years ago. Luckily I only plugged my cheap dumb phone in to charge it and quickly discovered it had scrambled my screen. I promptly returned it and have been deathly afraid of car inverters ever since.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31