Phantom 2 Yaw problem

Reaction score
Hi all.

I am entirely new to quadcopter flying (well, a week or so in), and am having a problem with my copter.

When I unboxed I was in the UK, and everything seemed to work as it should. I have since come back to Thailand, and have had ongoing issues for the last few days.

At first the Phantom wouldn't/couldn't get a GPS lock, but was flying fine without GPS. After repeated compass calibration, it now has GPS lock, but in GPS mode continually spins (albeit slowly) to the left, making flight harder than without GPS as I have to continually compensate!

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Many thanks :)

Hardy said:
Hi all.

I am entirely new to quadcopter flying (well, a week or so in), and am having a problem with my copter.

When I unboxed I was in the UK, and everything seemed to work as it should. I have since come back to Thailand, and have had ongoing issues for the last few days.

At first the Phantom wouldn't/couldn't get a GPS lock, but was flying fine without GPS. After repeated compass calibration, it now has GPS lock, but in GPS mode continually spins (albeit slowly) to the left, making flight harder than without GPS as I have to continually compensate!

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Many thanks :)

Have you done a complete calibration of both the RC & phantom including advance IMU? If not do so.

Hardy said:
No. Will google those now, get them done and report back - cheers! :)

You mean say you don't have your assistant software on you computer. Do you have the latest firmware loaded in your unit?

I have downloaded the assistant software. Haven't as yet done any firmware upgrades. Looking into that now - had assumed the unit would be up to date out of the box as it's brand new.

Well that was embarrassingly easy, thanks Jason!

As I said, completely new to this and have struggled with some of the advice online, and getting to grips with the terminology. No longer rotating randomly, GPS seems fine. It does seem to lose or gain a little altitude on hover (and drift a little). I think this is down to the IMU? The assistant says no need to calibrate, but perhaps I should anyway?

Hardy said:

As I said, completely new to this and have struggled with some of the advice online, and getting to grips with the terminology. No longer rotating randomly, GPS seems fine. It does seem to lose or gain a little altitude on hover (and drift a little). I think this is down to the IMU? The assistant says no need to calibrate, but perhaps I should anyway?

GPS isn't perfect - a little drift here and there should be expected

Hardy said:

Yes do it anyways and use the advanced IMU. If a warning says it's to hot ignore the warning. Also check in the upgrade and see if there are any updates.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic