Phantom 2 won't lift off the ground

Reaction score
After flying my phantom 2 for about a week using factory phantom mode, I decided to switch to naza mode to test out the features. I read the manual before switching, went through the start up procedure and proceeded to take off but failed to lift off the ground. With the stick pushed up all the way, it seemed like it didn't have enough juice to take off. I made sure the battery was fully charged and repeated the process only to get the same results. I even switched back to phantom mode and re calibrated the RC to see if that would fix it and the problem still exists. Is there any thing else i should check using the assistant software or could this be a mechanical problem?

Have you tried calibrating the controller in the RC assistant and then again in the Phantom assistant?

Yeah, I just tried that and checked over all the settings on the assistant software. It still wont lift off the ground. I still have it in phantom mode and have made no changes to the gain and all my software is updated.

Are you in mode 1 with the throttle on the right stick?

jrwycuff9 said:
Yeah, I just tried that and checked over all the settings on the assistant software. It still wont lift off the ground. I still have it in phantom mode and have made no changes to the gain and all my software is updated.
what are your gain settings? did you try defaulting?

Samething happened to me. I didn't noticed the settings changed to Mode 1 while playing with the assisant software. Just change it to Mode 2 if you want throttle on the left side.

I'm in mode 1 and I never made any changes with the gain, but I clicked the default button just to make sure and it still wont fly.

So if you are in mode 1 you are using the right stick to take off?

****. I haver no idea then lol

seems like I'm having exactly the same problem. No matter how much throttle I give it there doesn't seem to be enough revs or power to lift the craft in the air. Its almost like its hit some sort of rev limit. The motors are not running as fast as per normal albeit they are responding when the throttle is increased. I've run out of things to try :cry:

i have the the same problem tonight ,
seems like I'm having exactly the same problem. No matter how much throttle I give it there doesn't seem to be enough revs or power to lift the craft in the air. Its almost like its hit some sort of rev limit. The motors are not running as fast as per normal albeit they are responding when the throttle is increased. I've run out of things to try :cry:
it happened to me tonight , what was your solution

Have you tried calibrating the controller in the RC assistant and then again in the Phantom assistant?

Try what xgeek suggested.
Please be aware that there are 2 steps in calibrating. One is for the controller and the other for the phantom. Both must be done.

Start RC12. You need to plug the usb into the bottom of the controller and calibrate all sticks including the X1 (lever for old and tilt dial for new). Make sure it applies. Close RC12.
Start Phantom assist > Basic > RC. Calibrate the same. Make sure it applies.
Make sure both sticks all move to the 1000 values in the Phantom assist.

Also check your geo fence (max height and max distance). Change them to 999999999. Could be a chance that the geo fence is on and not letting you throttle up.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20