Phantom 2 won't connect to NAZAM?

Reaction score
My Phantom is drifting, and I have to fight to keep it level.

So I'm connecting to PT2 and calibrating(even if it says I don't have to). I downloaded NAZA assistent and got a message that I have to upgrade NAZA. First I couldn't connect, but suddenly I got connected. Tried to update, but got a message that update failed and I had to power cycle. Did so and now I can't connect to NAZAM. But I can connect to PT2. Also the led lights in front won't light. The blink on start up, but disappears after the initial start up. All this on a Mac.

I tried to connect to a PC as well, but can't connect.

Have removed the props for the update.

Okei, now I could connect, but I always get update failure when trying to update to Naza firmware 4.02. Main controller is in the Phantom, yes? The orange box?

OI Photography said:
You're using the wrong assistant software...that's the one for NAZA's in non-P2 aircraft (P1 and others). You need the specific P2 Assistant software on DJI's download page: http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2/download

4.0.2 firmware won't work on a P2, but the Assistant software on that page will prompt you to upgrade to the correct one.

Ahh, so the only software program I need is Phantom 2 Assistant Software v3.2 and Phantom RC Assistant Software v1.1?

Haugen said:
OI Photography said:
You're using the wrong assistant software...that's the one for NAZA's in non-P2 aircraft (P1 and others). You need the specific P2 Assistant software on DJI's download page: http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2/download

4.0.2 firmware won't work on a P2, but the Assistant software on that page will prompt you to upgrade to the correct one.

Ahh, so the only software program I need is Phantom 2 Assistant Software v3.2 and Phantom RC Assistant Software v1.1?

Correct, as long as you've installed the DJI WIN driver as well.

OI Photography said:
Haugen said:
OI Photography said:

Correct, as long as you've installed the DJI WIN driver as well.

I'm doing this on a Mac, so I don't need the DJI WIN. Both softwares function without it.

But after IMU calibration(advanced) the Phantom still keeps drifting, but mainly the first minute after take off. After that it's a lot better than before calibration. But still I'm not satisfied. I got GPS-green, but does the GPS a better job with more satellites? Does this also cover the hovering function? The more satellites the better the hovering? And with the GPS turned off on the radio will it hover not functions as good as with GPS turned on?

Thank you for your help!

Yes. The more satellites the better. I think that the compass dance should be done once in the location you are flying. I believe it works in conjunction with the GPS to stabilize the quads flight. I'm a newbie too though so take this with a little grain of salt.

A compass calibration error will generally manifest as a steady drift in one particular direction. It's entirely normal for the Phantom to randomly move around in perhaps a 2m radius and 1m height variation while hovering in GPS mode.

You need to adjust the gains. They are set at a default and have to be adjust for each Phantom differently. It seems not too many people know what the gains are for. Raise them up slowly until you get it like you want. There are gains for pitch, roll, yaw, an height. It you raise them to high you will know because the motors will not run smooth and it may wiggle a little but that is all. I set my pitch and roll to 165 and the yaw to 250. Its stable as a rock but yours may need totally different numbers.

Hope this helps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1