Phantom 2 with RC305

Reaction score
I've seen on here that the RC305 TX/RX will work with the P2 and plug n play cable.

So i bought the plug n play combo and changed the pins to match the RC305 TX, I have both TX and RX on the same channel but i can't get any feed at all.

I have a GoPro 3+ in the DJI gimbal, I bought the P2 with the GoPro gimbal on. I was curious if there's a gopro issue or my TX/RX set-up

I've seen on here that the RC305 TX/RX will work with the P2 and plug n play cable.

So i bought the plug n play combo and changed the pins to match the RC305 TX, I have both TX and RX on the same channel but i can't get any feed at all.

I have a GoPro 3+ in the DJI gimbal, I bought the P2 with the GoPro gimbal on. I was curious if there's a gopro issue or my TX/RX set-up

I take you bought this P2 used. Would that be correct? Do you know if the gimbal is a zenmuse h3-3d or the newer h4-3d. If possible take photo of the gimbal and post it.so we can identify if you are unable to do so. Photo should be from three angles.

Here are some pics.

H3 gimbal and I have a gopro hero 3+ black

Adam you are not supplying enough information to be of help. Need to know if you are using monitor/receiver built in or using separate receiver and monitor. If you are using a monitor/receiver are you using band E and is the monitor and camera on the same video format either NTSC or PAL. The same if using a separate receiver they both to be on the video format.

One other thing do not power up the P2 without a camera on the gimbal or without an antenna on the video transmitter.

I don't think my post replied,

I'm Using the TX that came with my RC305 RX, theres not really anything marked on the TX.

Its NTSC and i'm viewing on some Fat Shark goggles with the VGA cables i guess thier called.

Both are on the same channel, the GoPro is in the gimbal and tunred on.

I've purchased the GoPro composite cable and the GoPro is working perfect on my TV, just not through the P2 or my TX

I've purchased the GoPro composite cable and the GoPro is working perfect on my TV, just not through the P2 or my TX

Sorry Adam without knowing how you have you video system setup and powered it's impossible to tell you why it isn't working. Why did you buy a GoPro composite cable when the gimbal already had the USB ribbon for the video output from the camera?
Are both the camera and Fat shark goggles set to NTSC/PAL and both the TX and goggles set to the same band/channel??

Look the more information you supply the easier it is in helping you with a solution.

Do you have mini IOSD installed? If you do, you would at least see the telemetry.
Another thing to try is to power on the gopro first then phantom or try powering on phantom first, then gopro.
And what firmware version are you using on the gopro? It might be the dodgy firmware that blocks TV-OUT when charge is detected (hence why it works on the TV but not on the H33D).

If your camera has the latest firmware v03.00 installed on it that firmware will block the USB video output from the camera. To check which firmware is on the camera when it's first turned on it will on the bottom of LCD but only for a couple of seconds so you may have to turn it off/on again. If the firmware is v03,00 you will have to rollback to v2.0 which can gotten from this site.
Drivers filed under: GoPro HERO3+ Camera Firmware

Go to GoPro's site for the instructions on how to download the firmware to your camera and follow it to the letter.

If your camera has the latest firmware v03.00 installed on it that firmware will block the USB video output from the camera. To check which firmware is on the camera when it's first turned on it will on the bottom of LCD but only for a couple of seconds so you may have to turn it off/on again. If the firmware is v03,00 you will have to rollback to v2.0 which can gotten from this site.
Drivers filed under: GoPro HERO3+ Camera Firmware

Go to GoPro's site for the instructions on how to download the firmware to your camera and follow it to the letter.

I'll try this next, seems easy enough to try.

I am not using iosd

The goggles and video tx/rx are all NTSC or i at least selected that option when I ordered. After lots of searching around I've seen pictures with my exact set up that worked. But it may have something to do with my GoPro charging as that's the only difference once hooked up to the P2

I am not using iosd

The goggles and video tx/rx are all NTSC or i at least selected that option when I ordered. After lots of searching around I've seen pictures with my exact set up that worked. But it may have something to do with my GoPro charging as that's the only difference once hooked up to the P2

If v03.00 firmware is the cause of no video from the cameras USB output rolling back to v2.0 will take care of the problem.

I also see a 3.03 available now, has anyone tried that firmware?

Adam if your camera has firmware v03.00 installed on it that firmware is blocking the video output from the USB connector.and the only way to restore that function is to rollback to v2.00 priod. The easiest way to find which firmware is installed on your camera is to turn on the camera and the what ever firmware it has will be shown at the bottom of the LCD screen. That info will stay on the screen for 2 seconds so you may have to turn it on/off a couple of times. I gave you the link where you can download v2.00 so that you can rollback and restore the USB operation.

Took a while for my camera to take v2 but it's working now.

The signal can be sketchy at times and lightly drops out. I'll try my polarized antenna to see if it helps.

Flying with fpv is awesome!! I'm really liking it so far.

I can see myself getting some better equipment soon and try to make some videos.

I am not using iosd

A mini iOSD is a necessity in any FPV system and it can be installed inside the P2 along with anti-interference board leaving only the gimbal, camera and TX on the underside. Your TX antenna should be pointed straight down. Higher gain antennas on the monitor/receiver will give you better video coverage with less dropouts.
IMG_0839.jpg
IMG_2061.jpg

I want to get landing gear that isn't in my camera view... I was thinking of trying non wide angle view maybe.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1